4 months worried.

Hello guys,

It amazing ..to see people with great results in 4,5 6....months, I am so happy for them...But here I am sitting worried.

I had 2100 grafts from HairLoss treatment Center , troy Michigan in feb. All That i have seen till now is to lose more hair....My scalp coverage has become terrible..can see my scalp easily now..which was not like this before the surgery.

I was convincing myself that the loss is because of shock loss etc...But now its almost the end of 4th month and all I have seen is my hair vanish in front of my eyes...even now..I just ran my fingers on top of my head (not enough hair to say - ran through) and i see hairs in my fingers.

I dont know why I lose so much of hair so fast...in matter of few months. I have been on propecia for 2 months. But I dont know how much it is helping me.

Well I just wanted to share my feeling swith this community, which i wish i had got to know before february.

I am still hoping...But I really dont know what kind of results i can see now..after 4 months

:-(..what ever i had is also going..going ...gone..

Hello guys,

It amazing ..to see people with great results in 4,5 6....months, I am so happy for them...But here I am sitting worried.

I had 2100 grafts from HairLoss treatment Center , troy Michigan in feb. All That i have seen till now is to lose more hair....My scalp coverage has become terrible..can see my scalp easily now..which was not like this before the surgery.

I was convincing myself that the loss is because of shock loss etc...But now its almost the end of 4th month and all I have seen is my hair vanish in front of my eyes...even now..I just ran my fingers on top of my head (not enough hair to say - ran through) and i see hairs in my fingers.

I dont know why I lose so much of hair so fast...in matter of few months. I have been on propecia for 2 months. But I dont know how much it is helping me.

Well I just wanted to share my feeling swith this community, which i wish i had got to know before february.

I am still hoping...But I really dont know what kind of results i can see now..after 4 months

:-(..what ever i had is also going..going ...gone..

HTCurious:

I think we all feel a little nervous until we see those grafts growing. You needn't be concerned at 4 months. I'd expect that you will begin to see new growth within the next month or two.

After the first of my two surgeries, I thought I looked awful and definitely more bald during month four.

You probably had a great deal of shock fallout, just as I did after both of my surgeries. That hair should grow back during the next few months.

Having recently started finasteride, you might also be in the middle of a big shed. If so, that hair will also grow back, as well.

With all of these factors in play, I imagine that things don't look so great right now. Try not to worry, over the next 6 to 8 months things will turn around.

Paul

paul148, just said it all, but just to recap what he said.

You have three thing's working against you at this point in time but you will be turning the corner soon and seeing result's.

The three thing's are:

#1 Four month's is still on the early side to be seeing big growth yet.But it will come.

#2 you are probably having shock loss, but it will stop.

#3 If you just started propicia or proscar just two months ago you are probably getting your first shed adding to your thining look from the shock loss , but this will stop also and you'll get new growth in the end from the propicia/proscar.

So your at a ruff point in time right now with smooth road ahead, your almost there.

yes i agree with the above posts. If you dont already do so, you may want to start taking a multivitamin and even MSM supplement. They will help speed things along. The MSM is truly a great find, as it has made my hair grow at what seems to be twice the normal rate.

Rugger,

I've been taking MSM for about two months. I haven't noticed any changes in hair growth or texture, but my fingernails have been growing at an astonishing rate. I have to clip them every other day now. At most, I clipped them once per week until this past month when they began this frenzied growth spurt. I don't know what to attribute this to other than the MSM.

Paul

Hi Guys....I really got to thank you all for the support and advice..It is relly encoraging.

I am hanging in there..waiting to see some results ??

Whats is MSM (I mean the expanded word )?? I would assume I could get it in any GNC or health store like that and also i hope no prescription is needed.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you al lagain for the encoragement !!

MSM is basically organic sulfer (essential nutrient) This is usually found in raw, unprocessed foods. The standard american diet is processed/cooked etc. Basically the worse your diet, the more potential this supplement will help.

Glucosamine comes from shellfish exoskeletins. Be careful if allergic to seafood.

tom

• 4 years later...

imun,

Welcome to our forum community.

It's probably in your best interest to start your own thread so that you get a greater number of replies.

Generally speaking, hair transplants mature around 1 year. However, hair can continue to thicken and soften even up to 18 months.

I hope this helps.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Hugh Jorgan:

yes i agree with the above posts. If you dont already do so, you may want to start taking a multivitamin and even MSM supplement. They will help speed things along. The MSM is truly a great find, as it has made my hair grow at what seems to be twice the normal rate.

What is MSM?