Hair Characteristics...

Here is a pic of my hair combed forward. I'm over 9 months post op. My hair is naturally straight. The transplanted hairs in the frontal region is coming in curly. Recently, Bill has stressed that the transplanted hair will mature and take on the attributes of the native hair. So should I wait it out? Or go by a hair straightener? Thanks and ciao.

Photo_27.jpg.fc9d2c0d1298211e81bd97d854737f90.jpg

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Here is a pic of my hair combed forward. I'm over 9 months post op. My hair is naturally straight. The transplanted hairs in the frontal region is coming in curly. Recently, Bill has stressed that the transplanted hair will mature and take on the attributes of the native hair. So should I wait it out? Or go by a hair straightener? Thanks and ciao.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

aaron1234-

Although it is a bit difficult to appreciate from the photo- I would say give it another few months to allow things to mature/settle down. 9 mos is still early in terms of the overall picture- so I would say be patient a little while longer!

Dr Carman

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

Originally posted by aaron1234:

You have similar characteristics as me, and I am over 18 months post op. I am sorry to say that with reorientation of the hair (they are each rotated an unknown amount, there is an additional "wave" that was not there originally.)

Your result looks not unlike mine except I had less original hair behind the tranplanted area. It would be great to allow hair to grow indefinitely, but due to the density and wave, length beyond 3" starts to look unruly.

I have been using styling gel to keep everthing growing in harmony. Careful styling is what makes everything look acceptable. If I were you, I would start experimenting with styling to make the most of what you have. You will probably see some additional thickening which should not be discounted. There has also been mild improvement in quality and texture, but nothing drastic.

Thanks Dr. Carman and Emperor. I plan on letting it grow for another month or so before I get it cut. I'd like to keep it about as long as it is now, perhaps growing the hair behind longer to comb forward giving a layered effect over the transplant hairs. I'll give it some time.