8 Months Fue (Dr. Armani)

coscanoer

Hi, I just found this forum, my update thread on hairlosshelp.com was locked so I want to post my updates here. Something going on that Dr. Armani can't be mentioned there? Very strange. I don't know what's going on there so hopefully I can post my results and get feedback here.

Anyway, here's the update.

Month 8

Hi, I just found this forum, my update thread on hairlosshelp.com was locked so I want to post my updates here. Something going on that Dr. Armani can't be mentioned there? Very strange. I don't know what's going on there so hopefully I can post my results and get feedback here.

Month 8

Originally posted by coscanoer:

Month 8

Welcome to the board. icon_smile.gif

At 8 months how are you feeling about things?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

You can no longer mention Armani's name on HLH. There is an explanation from farrel on the site. Armani also has a lawsuit against this site for slander.

in case you didn't realize it, armani is a hotbed of controversy.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

How do I feel? Great question. I have a lot of thoughts and opinions. I suppose it's only fair to wait out the full 12 months and see how it ends up looking at that point. Maybe I should hold off on posting all my thoughts for now, in case there is a late miracle growth spurt in the areas that just don't have any hairs in them.

I was going to mention the very large gap in your hairline. you have reason to worry because armani's mega fue sessions are experimental, imo. however, you must give an ht the full 12 months to mature. also, fue is somewhat notorious for growing slower than strip. i'm sure lots of people will weigh in on this matter. all i can tell you is to be patient and hope for the best...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Yes that is basically what I'm thinking. Let's give it the whole 12 months, or hell 14 months, and then decide what to do at that point.

I will say that as a patient who had the procedure on good faith and due to Armani's then-excellent reputation, the controversy that seems to be erupting is very unsettling. I can't be the only patient who had an HT the past year who feels this way.

How do I feel? Great question. I have a lot of thoughts and opinions. I suppose it's only fair to wait out the full 12 months and see how it ends up looking at that point. Maybe I should hold off on posting all my thoughts for now, in case there is a late miracle growth spurt in the areas that just don't have any hairs in them.

Coscanoer,

We have seen some examples where there was solid growth from month 8 till month 12 so I hope that happens for you as well! If you want I could find you some pictures/threads Spex has posted about that 8-16 month "patience"

Posting our thoughts, hopes, fears etc can be a very good outlet during this waiting process. At least it is for me so I hope you continue to post if it helps you like it helps me. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Thanks Wantego. By all means, share any threads you want. I agree with you about the need to vent and discuss, it just feels like some clinics invite discussion and questioning while others shut it down. If there are a bunch of guys who are upset and had bad results, why are they not posting? I'm not saying I will end up with bad results when all is said and done, but I am willing to discuss my progress and outcomes and let's get these guys to add to the discussion here too.

I will say that as a patient who had the procedure on good faith and DUE TO ARMANI'S THEN-EXCELLENT REPUTATION, the controversy that seems to be erupting is very unsettling. I can't be the only patient who had an HT the past year who feels this way.

That sickens me SO much, and you are 100% right, you are NOT alone in this feeling....Farrel-HLH is such an utter tool and total disgrace....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks Wantego. By all means, share any threads you want. I agree with you about the need to vent and discuss, it just feels like some clinics invite discussion and questioning while others shut it down. If there are a bunch of guys who are upset and had bad results, why are they not posting? I'm not saying I will end up with bad results when all is said and done, but let's get these guys to add to the discussion here too.

Coscanoer,

First off I think everybody should be able to discuss any feelings they have about their HT good or bad as long as they are their honest feelings. These boards are not only for information but also for support in my opinion. icon_smile.gif

Here is a very good thread Spex made about growth from 8 months to 16 months with pictures. I hope you have an outstanding result! Some people grow faster than others but the final result is what counts in my opinion. icon_smile.gif

http://hair-restoration-info.c...771055293#1771055293

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Heres another . I will say though that I have seen a couple of nice results from Armani.

In those cases the transformation was quite evident by month 6 .

You do have to give it 12 months before you make that final evaluation.

Hopefully youll have a late sprout.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...?r=42310605#42310605

cos

do you feel that the space is from shockloss or more lost hair or lack of growth from FUE? do you feel any nubs in the area? my finger tips always could tell me when new grafts were popping.

the reason you may not have heard from more dr armani patients is some may have signed agreement barring them from discussing their displeasure. it will interesting to see if anything becomes of all this or if it will just disappear into cyberspace deletion.

rtc

RTC, there wasn't any shockloss. There's my old hairline, then the transplanted area, and the part of the transplanted area that borders my old hairline just doesn't have many hairs in it.

PGP, with regards to those links: icon_frown.gif .

Wantego, thanks for the link, I'll read it now.

Hi Cos,

Thank's for sharing your blog. At 8 months you may see some additional growth and thickening and I'm always and advocate of waiting a full 12 mo before making final judgement, BUT based on the pictures it really looks like this will be another case of a low yield Armani FUE. IMO the reasons are twofold.

1. High volume Armani fue with too many transected hair follicles results in a lower yield ratio.

2. Too much dense packing into a small area which hurts the blood supply to the newly implanted grafts.

The amount of swelling you had after your procedure seems to be WAY more than what I've seen or experienced from doctors who are a little more conservative on the # of grafts per cm put into such a small area.

The GOOD NEWS IS that your previous existing hairline was excellent. I'm not sure what age you are but from the picture you looked to be a solid NW3 without any diffuse thinning and may never experience additional loss. If that's the case and this HT doesn't turn out like you hoped for then you're still in an excellent posistion to have another with a great doc who can get you to where you want with no problem.

Many here would die to have had your original hairline icon_smile.gif. You were definitely an excellent candidate for an HT though.

Best wishes!

• 4 weeks later...
here are two other posters with poor armani results:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...60861/m/83610517/p/2

I dont realy like this comment, i have only just had the HT, to say i have got poor results when i have uploaded pics of the 1 week and 2 months isnt exactly anything to judge on, having said that im having issues with the hairline design as i feel its wrong but we will see what happens in another few months when the redness clears and the HT becomes more clear

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily