MTV True Life today dealt with 3 young people losing their hair

1 of the people was 25 and hated that he looked 40. Those were his words not mine. He got a HT from Dr Rose in Florida.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

1 of the people was 25 and hated that he looked 40. Those were his words not mine. He got a HT from Dr Rose in Florida.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

do you know when it will air again?? i have been waiting for this show since i found out they were gonna do it like a year ago....was it an accurate representation of the suffering than some of us go through in your opinion wantego?

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Originally posted by lost my swagger:

do you know when it will air again?? i have been waiting for this show since i found out they were gonna do it like a year ago....was it an accurate representation of the suffering than some of us go through in your opinion wantego?

I thought it was pretty accurate. 1 guys mom took him to an herbal doctor that thought it was related to foot fungus and would be cured by eating organic foods. Obviously that was probably not going to work. Another sweet girl had alopecia and would wear wigs while taking cortisone shots in her balding areas. She lost her hair in around 2 weeks. The 3rd person was 25 and when asked his age at a party he said 25. The women didnt believe him and it was pretty awkward. He is the one that went in for the HT. I do not think he researched the HT much at all before getting it. MTV shows these things a lot. I think the next time it shows will be 9pm eastern time 8pm central time tonight.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Im watching it right now, I've come to one conclusion! Even though there are so many resources out there to educate yourself on hairloss. On what actually works! and doesn't. The general public is entirely un-educated.

Fungus?! Really? A computer that reads your body?

"what the computer now is doing, is its software is talking to your bodys software"

are you fucking kidding me?! lol, thats an actual quote from the show...

Anyways, the show has good and bad.

Good: One of the guys, the wannabe thug, his friends give him shit about his hair on a constant basis. He takes it in stride and jokes along, but man his friends are relentless....

Bad: No mention of propecia at all, you would think this would be a huge topic of discussion since it is the single most proven hairloss treatment available (other than HT's of course).

Worth staying up for lol? Watching Hatton-Pacman ppv during 9 o clock slot, but could stay up for like 2am re-run...!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Worth staying up for lol? Watching Hatton-Pacman ppv during 9 o clock slot, but could stay up for like 2am re-run...!

You might be able to catch it on MTV.com

I watch some shows on there

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by azza786:

is there a youtube link for it? coz living in the UK mtv.com dont allow video access outside US coz of copyrights.

I dont know of a youtube copy but if I see one I will let you know. I hope you are doing well. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

i just saw this episode and i must say i think it will dissappoint many on this forum. We have a great understanding on what causes and what doesnt cause hair loss. On the other hand it was interesting to see how others deal with their hairloss.

You only live once...

Originally posted by Arrie:

i just saw this episode and i must say i think it will dissappoint many on this forum. We have a great understanding on what causes and what doesnt cause hair loss. On the other hand it was interesting to see how others deal with their hairloss.

You make a really good point. Many people on these boards have researched MPB a lot more than the general public. I did feel bad for that guy at the party. I'm glad to see he is feeling better about things. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs