Dr. Carlos Puig trains new doctors at MHR

JohnH

Oh yes he does. Amazing, isn't it. Ever hear ANYBODY say that Dr. Puig is one of the skilled doctors in the field? I have never heard anyone say that. The best thing I've heard about Dr. Puig is that "he's a lot better than he used to be". After doing hair transplants for 30 years, he'd have to be a moron NOT to be "better than he used to be."

Dr. Puig also gives lectures on "professional ethics" at some of the big HT conferences. I would compare this to a lecture on "good manners" given by Attila the Hun. Puig co-owned and ran the biggest hair mill in the world (Cleveland Hair Clinic) for over 20 years. I have examples of false advertising from Puig's clinic, with bogus claims and medically false statements, that he was responsible for. I suspect Dr. Puig's comments on "professional ethics" revolved around telling doctors not to tattle on each other... Because criticizing bad doctors is "unprofessional".

Somehow, the word has gotten out about doctors like Bosley and Hitzig, while Carlos Puig has managed to fly under the radar.

Interesting to see that many patients have been complaining about their results, at a franchise where Puig is in charge of their training program.

Some folks may not understand just how badly Dr. Puig conducted himself in the 25-plus years he did transplants before joining MHR. In my opinion he is one of the biggest HT crooks of all time.

Below my post is a page from one of Puig's booklets from 1994. At this point he had over 20 years of experience, so he isn't making bogus claims as an "honest mistake".

First, look how he claims that you'll go from a Norwood 5-6 to a "final result" in only 8 to 12 months after your consultation. Look at the illustration that shows a FULL RESTORATION of the patient's hair.

Then he claims that a transplant using line grafts (aka "slot grafts") and large plugs will "duplicate nature's original hair patterns as closely as possible." (Remember that in 1994 there were doctors like Limmer actually doing a more natural looking all-FU hair transplant).

He claims that a hair transplant is a "solution to baldness" that will result in "your own head of hair".

He says "you know you have a problem or you wouldn't have requested this material". Here Dr. Puig is stooping to try to embarass the patient into surgery. Maybe the guys who don't choose to get hair transplants "don't know they have a problem"? Would a rhinoplasty surgeon tell a patient "you know that big nose is a problem" (so you better get surgery)?

This is the kind of material I have been documenting on my personal web page. It goes on and on... Consider this a hint of things to come. This booklet was given to Dr. Puig's patients to (*ahem*) "educate" them about hair transplants. Disgusting!

I've been spending time researching false advertising in the hair transplant industry, gathering materials, reading the medical textbooks that have been available over the past 30-40 years, etc. Based on my research, I have come to think that Dr. Puig is one of the biggest crooks in the field of hair transplantation (in my opinion) the epitom???© of a doctor who puts profits ahead of his patient's well being.

If anyone has examples of false advertising or false claims made by ANY hair transplant clinic, please contact me at hairtransplantdisaster@hotmail.com It could be material from any era, recent or old. Even simple things like bogus yellow pages ads are of interest to me. I will put them up on my web page as I update it.

All responses are 100% confidential.

[This message was edited by arfy on December 25, 2003 at 11:28 PM.]

94bro9.jpg.1ad0bf2509d41af227f75afddc6013da.jpg

You would think that those techniques are out of date but, as this forum has documented, they are alive and still being used.

Arfy, when was that descriptive page of information used? Recently?

As it says in my post, the booklet is from 1994.

I'm not concerned so much with the bad surgical techniques (which were common) as I am with the misleading claims from Puig's clinic... for example the suggestion that you can do a full restoration of your whole head, and that it will only take a year at the most.

Again, this booklet is supposedly used to "educate" patients.

[This message was edited by arfy on December 26, 2003 at 07:27 PM.]

arfy,

Have you posted the address to your site yet? If you have and I've missed it, well I'd like to see it again.

If it is a work in progress or something you don't want to share, then disregard this posting.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.

Its also of note that he suggests "the only real solution" transforms us into a 12 year old boy.

The faster you get your web page up, the quicker "Dr." Puig's practice will end. Make sure that fu**er suffers. icon_cool.gif

I think my point of view might be similar to Arfy's. I find dishonesty, misleading information, manipulation and any deceptive practices with patients or prospective patients to be thoroughly contemptible behavior. Actually, I regard deception as a bigger issue than the fact that some surgeons are not very good or don't use the best techniques.

If a surgeon is not honest about his/her work and the results being offered, the patient does not even have a chance to make an informed decision.

I suspect that most patients who have had terrible results would not have opted for surgery if their surgeons had been honest prior to surgery.

My Surgery With Dr. Sharon Keene

Check out the first line of the web page below

In certain search engines if you search for "Hair transplant results bosley" you will get this line

"Bosley Medical Reports 94% Satisfaction with Hair Transplants." on the search engine summary page. Bosley scums configured it like that.

This is a current and actual total lie. If you click on the webpage URL and read it, you'll find on the bottom of the page it says 70% of Bosley's patients are happy with their work. (I question even that, most probably don't realize that they have been screwed yet when they are questioned).

The 94% is a straight out lie to trick you with search engine summary results.

This is how Bosley does business. Un F?cking believable!

http://bosley-medical-group.tripod.com/

[This message was edited by MeHairBeGrowin on December 29, 2003 at 11:38 AM.]

[This message was edited by MeHairBeGrowin on December 29, 2003 at 11:39 AM.]

arfy,

Once again, you speak the truth. When I first started looking into HT's, I considered Puig Medical here in Houston. I remember that brochure. If I remember correctly, it has a picture of Dr. Puig himself, and his own hairline looked very unnatural. I met with one of his patients and this guy had the wall of hair, statue of liberty effect on his hairline. I decided to go with Bosley instead. I'm not sure which was the lesser of the two evils, if any. If we only knew then what we know now..............