Smoking affect HT process???

Scott james posted a question about how many grafts he would need for his HT. Dr Ahamd posted that if you are a smoker you may run into problems....Here is my question? I am a smoker and have been for 7 years. I am quitting now and so far preety succesful. Down to maxiumum of 5 a day. My appt is in October and by the middle of August hope to be completely quit. Now, if I am sucesful and have quit for at least 1.5 months......Should I experience any problems??????? I only ask this question cause of the response I read on that post....thanks again

Scott james posted a question about how many grafts he would need for his HT. Dr Ahamd posted that if you are a smoker you may run into problems....Here is my question? I am a smoker and have been for 7 years. I am quitting now and so far preety succesful. Down to maxiumum of 5 a day. My appt is in October and by the middle of August hope to be completely quit. Now, if I am sucesful and have quit for at least 1.5 months......Should I experience any problems??????? I only ask this question cause of the response I read on that post....thanks again

I've had two HT and smoked all the time, even during the surgery, never affected growth or healing. But if you can quit, better for your health.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...