Three to Four years to go

I'm not an expert and reports on these new therapies are contradictory, but I think we have reasons to be optimistic:

a) Progress in this area has been tremendous (e.g. for the first time in the history of mankind, there is a pill for MPB that actually works - Propecia)

b) Pharmaceutical companies are going 'crazy' and investing billions

c) The market for a baldness treatment is colossal

OMG!!!

this thread started little over 4 years ago. and now what??? we still waiting and saying the same thing 'wait few more years'. you know that our grandfathers and our fathers were living with these kind of hopes from year to year. if the miracle cure is not found by December 2012 then it will never be found. let's hope that the 'illumination' is what i think it is icon_razz.gif

Mayans knew what they were talking about icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Mr. GQ:

[...] you know that our grandfathers and our fathers were living with these kind of hopes from year to year. [...]

icon_smile.gif Yes, but as I've said before, we have reasons to be optimistic. Medical research is advancing at great speed, faster than ever before. And we've already seen results: today, there are at least two drugs that are effective in the treatment of MPB.

Flavio,

i would agree with you if we were talking about computers and technical stuff. but they still need to find the cure for aids, cancer, breast cancer, various skin deseases, and many more other illnesses that there is still no cure for yet. and i would imagine that that's their priority at this time. but don't get me wrong i'm still on the same page as you and deep down below i too still have some hope for that faithful and 'illuminating' day icon_smile.gif

Mr.GQ---- just like with Aids, cancer, ect ect. has several different groups working on several different advancments in all of them. Hairloss does too.. i understand what your are saying but all the world scientists are not in the same room saying..."ok, guys... first lets tackel Aids, NEXT we will go after cancer, and number 23 on the list we will start workin on a hairloss cure!!"... you know what im sayin GQ?? there are groups workin in ALL of these fields as we speak... and the fact that many realize the potential ENDLESS money that can be made by a successful hairloss treatment being found is all the insentive needed... money is king...

science IS rapidly advancing, were re growing BREASTS on women, re generating tracheas, and fingers.. stem cell research is proving to be key to SEREVAL things... people are working on hairloss, believe me... a breakthrough IS a real possibility in the near future, and we actually ARE much closer than our grandpas were...

all that said, i dont think its smart to rely on iticon_smile.gif

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

The more I know the more aggressive I become when it comes to HTs.....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

LMS,

i totally understand what you're talking about and your point of view is well taken. i know that there are thousands of bright heads trying to come up with this nobel prize/miracle of all miracles challenge every single day. but I look at it with the bigger picture sort of like the whole forest and not just one tree. so let's say when the elite medical students finish the university they are very enthusiastic and most likely are looking into the main stream, real issue medical practice as their life long passion and future workplace. while arguably the hair loss research/medicine is still labeled to many of them as the alternative field. so for example 200 fresh of the books students and veteran top docs are looking and trying to solve the life threatening illness while 2 fresh of the books and veteran top hair research docs are working at the hair loss solution. this is where the all similarities/differences end. the ratio is too big so are the odds. the odds for the hairloss breakthrough cure vs. let's say aids cure are just too apparent looking at the big picture. but then again the luck plays a big role in our lives just remember how penicillin was found all those years back.

there have been advances in all areas of medicine, but nothing really worth jumping up and down over in awhile. i mean, we know the causes of many diseases, but yet have no cures, just treatment.

i hate taking the conspiracy side, but it makes you wonder if there really is enough attention/interest in cures rather than treatment.

read the book 'cancergate' and you will know what i mean. very interesting book.

anyway, the way the world is today...it seems there is only a cure developed if there can be money made, and there is definately money to be made in a cure for baldness. although that would mean the baldness treatment business (rogaine, propecia, transplants) will go out of business overnight...and that business alone is worth hundreds of millions.

it looks like that it's all about job creation. paying taxes, making rich richer, poor poorer and middle always in the middle. no conspiracy there just the way the system has been set up. we all know the reality all too well and that's why i like sometimes to listen to my man George Noory to contemplate the alternative reality.

do you think that government would give a damn about the automobile industry if the job loss was not at stake and they got nothing out of it in return? makes you think.