Is Dr. Umar still being considered for recommendation?

good question jon!

IMHO i think he definitely is worthy of that spot. but sometimes influence and politics get in the way. him not answering to few Bill's questions about BHT got in the way also. plus not being 100% transparent e.g. his secret FUE tool will also stand in the way.

in spite of all that i still say yes in my book, besides he did/tried so much for this HT industry.

a big ego and his "i won't be easily pushed" attitude doesn't fly too well with this site too.

Jon,

Though many of us were impressed with a few examples of Dr. Umar's BHT repair jobs, due to several unaddressed concerns regarding his BHT procedures, we decided to no longer consider him for recommendation.

For those of you interested, you can view the specifics on the "Potential Recommendation of Dr. Sanusi Umar".

Best wishes,

Bill

That is a real shame. IMO, he is much better than many of the big name docs on this site. I know a few docs spoke out against him, though I believe it was due to jealousy, since they were not able to replicate his results in body hair transplants. Just sour grapes.

lol @ jealousy over his BHT results....I encourage anyone to read through the big thread or two involving Umar on this site, and read through it in full. The duck and dodge game he and his minions play -- while predictable -- is consistently outrageous, if not funny. Though, it isn't so funny when he was conducting BHT experiments on virgin (or close to) patients with the same ol'/same ol' hype covering it.

And I'm still waiting to see *one* legit mega-FUE or BHT case on a virgin scalp that impresses from Umar (let alone the *dozens* that should be *readily* available)....

EDIT -- it's not the one that Bill linked to, but another, highlighted by LostMySwagger conducting a history lesson on Dr. Umar...I'll try to look for it, as it is one of the most incisive and illuminating looks at Dr. Umar on the forum.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!