Regular Member A B Posted January 20, 2005 Regular Member Share Posted January 20, 2005 Hey guys- I first noticed I was thining about two years ago, @ 22, although I suspect that it has been going on since I was about 18 or 19. I didnt notice until the loss was pretty significant, because my hair was so thick as a teenager, and I dyed it a lot which is what I attributed the loss to. So at 22, when I finally accepted what was happening, I was BEYOND crushed. I had been in denial for a few monthes because I knew what was going to happen if I let myself accept the reality of the situation - I had a total nervous breakdown. I probably didnt leave the house for a few weeks, seriously. What followed this was severe depression, quite litterally. I started on Rogain in the month following, and experienced the initial shedding, which made things worse (mentally speaking). Several monthes later, I started on Propecia and quit Rogain (just as it probably started to work, but what can I say, I got discourged). I never really experienced anything significant with Propecia, honestly. Maybe it slowed down the loss that would have happened anyway. My dermatologist said that it's impossible to know where you'd be without it, so you really odnt know if it ever worked or not. In either case, about 14monthes in, I started to suffer the "side effects". I dealt with it, hoping it would get better on it's own. The end of July, my urologist suggested I stop taking it. I did, and I dont feel comfortable going back on it. I had a consultation with Dr. Feller who seemed like world-class HT doctor. Very nice guy, very down to Earth. He said I'm not ready for a HT, and that he noticed some difused thinning but overall my hair seemed strong and healthy. He said other Dr's may operate on me to "thicken up" my hair, but they are frauds. His opinion is that I am growing into my "adult hairline" and I may never need a HT. But on the same token, he noted that his "crystal ball was in the shop" and you never know what genetics have in store for you. He then showed me his own transplant, which, honestly, I wasnt crazy about ... but he also said that he wasnt done, and was going to get the back filled in. He said he wasnt on anything else (propecia, rogain, etc), and you dont need to be (contrary to a LOT of opinions in this forum). Finally, he said I have good donor hair for when or if the time comes. I'm not convinced that this is just my "adult hair line" as I've seen the degeration over the last two years. So, as of right now I'm doing 5% Kirkland Brand Minoxidil (2x daily), Revivogen (1x daily), Nioxin Actives Cleanser, Scalp Therapy and Cytonutrient, Nizoral 1% (2-3 times a week), and MSM (daily.... Im not too sure about the hair benefits, but I have joint problems too, so maybe I can kill two birds). As of today, I am dumping the Revivogen.. putting on THREE topicals daily is just too much, I would dump Revivogen over Minoxidil, obviously. Here is my new regimin, Please let me know what you all think! Kirkland Minoxidil (1x daily, @ morning) Xandrox 5% (1x daily, @ night, available @ minoxidil.com) Spironolactone lotion 5% (1x daily, @ night, available @ minoxidil.com) Hairmax Lasercomb (3x weekly, I just bought this, it hasnt even arrived yet) Nizoral 1% (man, I bought the 1% totally accidently! I'll switch to 2% when I'm done with it, 3x weekly) Nioxin Products Daily MSM (1 teaspoon daily) --- So, what do you guys think? Especially on the Dr. Lee's products (the Xandrox, and the Spiro)? I'm hoping the combination of the azelaic acid in the Xandrox, and the Spiro are enough to block the DHT and the Lasercomb, minixodil, and Nizoral can stimulate growth/regrowth. Of course, Im skeptical. Any opinions would be greatly appriciated ! A Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now