Hi everyone! I've been struggling with MPB for the last decade, but in the last few years oral Fin and Min have been doing a great job stabilizing my condition. I was considering a transplant a few years ago, but I'd like to see what my options are now. I see stories of people going to Turkey for $4k and end up with a result that would cost $15k in the states. Is that still a thing? How would I go about finding a reputable surgeon there? Last time I was looking, I heard Brazil was the equivalent to Turkey for US patients, but when I got a quote from some of the top surgeons, they were all around the same pricepoint I saw in the states... at that point, I'm just paying for a miserable vacation.

• Moderators

Have you taken a look at our recommended surgeon list?

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I'd start there. The US is always going to be much more expensive than places like Turkey because of the cost of living differences. I don't know where you are located in the US, but you may want to check out Dr Luis Nader. He is just over the border in Mexico, so it's much easier to get there than flying halfway around the world. I don't know what his prices are, but I imagine it should be cheaper than in the US.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)

From the list @Al - Moderator refers to you could try have a look at the doctors from Thailand. They are relatively cheap and there are many cases in the review section here which have been highly successful - small and big cases…

Edited by donpizmeov
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Al - Moderator said:

Have you taken a look at our recommended surgeon list?

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I'd start there. The US is always going to be much more expensive than places like Turkey because of the cost of living differences. I don't know where you are located in the US, but you may want to check out Dr Luis Nader. He is just over the border in Mexico, so it's much easier to get there than flying halfway around the world. I don't know what his prices are, but I imagine it should be cheaper than in the US.

Thank you for the response! I haven't seen that, and I don't know how I missed it. 

I was wondering if there were any experts in Mexico, so I'll absolutely look into Dr. Nader (and any others on the list if there are). Does the forum have any advocates that could help get local pricing? It seems that quotes sometimes go up substantially depending on the location of the patient.

14 minutes ago, donpizmeov said:

From the list @Al - Moderator refers to you could try have a look at the doctors from Thailand. They are relatively cheap and there are many cases in the review section here which have been highly successful - small and big cases…

That's a great point. I'll look into those!

• Administrators
18 hours ago, g4designs said:

Thank you for the response! I haven't seen that, and I don't know how I missed it. 

I was wondering if there were any experts in Mexico, so I'll absolutely look into Dr. Nader (and any others on the list if there are). Does the forum have any advocates that could help get local pricing? It seems that quotes sometimes go up substantially depending on the location of the patient.

That's a great point. I'll look into those!

The pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon and depends on the number of grafts you require. I suggest using the link that @Al - Moderator provided and getting some estimates.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)

Lists can be decent starting points but it is important to do your own research. What is your norwood level? What is your budget? How long can you wait?

Nader is excellent, but be prepared to be persistent with him to even get a reply. I tried 2-3 times and didn't get one. He's also booked out a year in advance afaik.

Last time I was looking, I heard Brazil was the equivalent to Turkey for US patients, but when I got a quote from some of the top surgeons, they were all around the same pricepoint I saw in the states... at that point, I'm just paying for a miserable vacation.

Which doctor was it? Were the graft numbers similar? Price =/= quality, but very good doctors are expensive so value considerations should include quality of doctor as well.

Edited by 4chanhrn

• Administrators
21 hours ago, 4chanhrn said:

Lists can be decent starting points but it is important to do your own research. What is your norwood level? What is your budget? How long can you wait?

Nader is excellent, but be prepared to be persistent with him to even get a reply. I tried 2-3 times and didn't get one. He's also booked out a year in advance afaik.

Which doctor was it? Were the graft numbers similar? Price =/= quality, but very good doctors are expensive so value considerations should include quality of doctor as well.

Good post, very true.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.