Where to go for hairline density correction?

Posted (edited)

I been to a great practice in the NYC area. I have done two hair transplants that were conservative. (Both were 2000-2400 grafts. But only like a 1000-1400 grafts on each procedure were for hairline because the focus was building up the temples and temporal points)  The doctor gives natural results. I like the doctor. But I’m still having an issue with a lack of density of what was transplanted especially in the corner areas. My native hair is lush and full it seems like the transplanted hair wasn’t enough grafts to bulk up. Not sure if I want to go back to the same doctor. I’m thinking density is a problem because the emphasis was not really bulking the hairline rather the temples/sides. This would be a third transplant and I really just want to be satisfied and be done with these procedures because the native hair looks good and there hasn’t been further progression.

Please any recommendations or info for a Doctor that gives a good FUT transplant. Thank you. 

Edited by KNyc2024

• Administrators

I suggest using our list if recommendations at a starting point. 

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, KNyc2024 said:

Please any recommendations or info for a Doctor that gives a good FUT transplant.

Can we see some pictures of your situation? It sounds like you don't need a big session, and therefore FUT might be a bit redundant if you only need a few hundred grafts to boost weaker areas. But it ultimately depends what you really need and what your donor is like.

• Moderators

Please post some pictures, so we can see the area you are talking about. If you only need to add a bit of density then any Dr on our recommended list should be able to do that.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.