6 months post 4500 graft FUE transplant

Posted (edited)

Hi!

This is my 6 months progress update of my 4500 grafts FUE surgery. I can still see bald patches on my head. Is there any future growth to be expected or is the end of growth of new grafts. I am also taking oral fin since transplant (6 months) and oral min since last 3 months. I also had a 2000 graft session done 5 years ago prior to this one. Any honest opinion is greatly appreciated.
IMG_6942.thumb.jpeg.eb2f78aea1445b3378107c4e309ef5d2.jpegIMG_6941.thumb.jpeg.f00190770512c86a67717f28c765693d.jpeg6 months update

6 months update
IMG_6165.thumb.jpeg.f677f210bf5a99998a784e9fa2b93e30.jpegIMG_6155.thumb.jpeg.a420ea16d13beffa6acc7a35c007b114.jpegIMG_6130.thumb.jpeg.4f513c93a41bd510d92a9f37a6d2a54c.jpegIMG_5610.thumb.jpeg.509459a2393b5c01012fd18bacef044b.jpegIMG_4692.thumb.jpeg.204dac771019015d5653a2f9da9e2c01.jpeg31496727-3e88-48d8-a18a-90b769cd475b.thumb.jpeg.890f332d00f9a6d1d720045f3027fd96.jpeg9543926d-81d1-49d6-ad8b-db5569b387a4.thumb.jpeg.f8b963dc3aa61f754712cca304263d67.jpeg
fc598842-4f9d-4d7d-bc04-c8c7afe9d7e1.thumb.jpeg.0a69b89625e375bb2de428f8896c0d7d.jpeg

94601ef8-7e1a-4510-931b-50e449222000.thumb.jpeg.aa971e4c0d809ef9d0114aab3594cc08.jpegIMG_3259.thumb.jpeg.c45922a9ec250f8bb54f88c8729650eb.jpegIMG_3326.thumb.jpeg.57b7b94937707e0a8ee2c0784a4427ec.jpegIMG_3283.thumb.jpeg.3f1a007d1391db11256d89b44c9db7ba.jpegIMG_3196.thumb.jpeg.5e27a22d8308ed89307c8ad4336e17ad.jpegIMG_0211.thumb.jpeg.9658b153c3074c8c1dcdd18eb84ae944.jpegIMG_1841.thumb.jpeg.f1710684c1fb34b9e8657b0d2c8bad42.jpeg6 months hairline

IMG_0218.jpeg

Edited by Brilliant thougts

• Administrators

It’s only halfway through and it looks to be growing well.

9CDBD9EC-B7C8-424F-AE84-0B8F3E8359F6.jpeg

Stay patient theres plenty of time.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It’s only halfway through and it looks to be growing well.

9CDBD9EC-B7C8-424F-AE84-0B8F3E8359F6.jpeg

Stay patient theres plenty of time.

Thanks for your reassuring words Melvin. I hope it will improve further. 

• Valued Contributor

It seems to be on track brother. You will see more growth and density in coming months.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

36 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

It seems to be on track brother. You will see more growth and density in coming months.

Its true with other doc 

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, salsazio said:

Its true with other doc 

I understand that Asmed is often considered a "hairmill," but that doesn't mean all their patients receive poor results. They have produced many successful outcomes, and even clinics with worse reputations (far worse than asmed) can achieve decent results occasionally. Therefore, please avoid making broad statements that could negatively impact the patient. OP has already undergone surgery at Asmed, so discussing the clinic's quality is now irrelevant.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

10 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

I hope so too brother. I took all the necessary precautions pre and post surgery.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
17 hours ago, salsazio said:

Asmed have 50% of regrowth

who make the incisions?doc or team?

This is a made up statistic without basis. Yes, you can find poorer results from Asmed on this forum, as you can for most clinics. But we only get to see a tiny fraction of the results that any clinic produce. Most people will still get a good result from Asmed and the OP looks right on course despite being a difficult case with advanced hair loss.

9 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Questa è una statistica inventata senza fondamento. Sì, su questo forum puoi trovare risultati peggiori da Asmed, come per la maggior parte delle cliniche. Ma possiamo vedere solo una piccola parte dei risultati prodotti da qualsiasi clinica. La maggior parte delle persone otterrà comunque un buon risultato da Asmed e l’OP sembra sulla buona strada nonostante sia un caso difficile con perdita di capelli avanzata.

u know that asmed take grafts out of body for plus 5hours?

u know that asmed make transection in donor for obtain single or double from multiple?

u know that make 6/8 people at day?

u know that all this give a bad % of regrowth in relation to a high number of extractions?

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, salsazio said:

u know that asmed take grafts out of body for plus 5hours?

u know that asmed make transection in donor for obtain single or double from multiple?

u know that make 6/8 people at day?

u know that all this give a bad % of regrowth in relation to a high number of extractions?

I don’t need education on Asmed, thanks. 

Like most organisations in this field that expand to multiple surgeries per day, qualities controls and oversight decreases and the incidence of poor practice or bad results increases. 

But two things remain true: 1) they still produce mostly good results and 2) your stats are made up - you’re simply not privy to information relating to transection rates and survival rates, so hyperbole such as “50% regrowth” is rubbish. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs-down 1

14 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Like most organisations in this field that expand to multiple surgeries per day, qualities controls and oversight decreases and the incidence of poor practice or bad results increases. 

But two things remain true: 1) they still produce mostly good results and 2) your stats are made up - you’re simply not privy to information relating to transection rates and survival rates, so hyperbole such as “50% regrowth” is rubbish. 

I hope that I don’t end up to be a bad case. It’s 6 months now. 

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Brilliant thougts said:

I hope that I don’t end up to be a bad case. It’s 6 months now. 

There’s definitely an improvement from where you started and people often see big changes between months 8-10, so you’re still two months away from that and the crown area can often take longer to come in. 

6 hours ago, Berba11 said:

There’s definitely an improvement from where you started and people often see big changes between months 8-10, so you’re still two months away from that and the crown area can often take longer to come in. 

So sometimes the implanted grafts in crown area can take longer to take root and show? I will keep tracking and progress and post my monthly updates in this post. Hoping for the best. Fingers crossed. 

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Brilliant thougts said:

So sometimes the implanted grafts in crown area can take longer to take root and show? I will keep tracking and progress and post my monthly updates in this post. Hoping for the best. Fingers crossed. 

Yes absolutely. The crown is notorious for being a slow burner. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 2:33 PM, Berba11 said:

I have to be brutally honest, this is just incorrect. Most ASMED results i have seen make 5000 grafts look like 3000-2500 grafts, there is plenty of evidence around the internet. I don't want to give OP unnecessary stress but it's important that people reading these threads are not tricked into doing the same mistake. ASMED is classified as a hair mill on most forums including this one and for good reason, there are so many competent clinics nowadays, it's a mistake by any measure to go to ASMED, thats the last i will say about that.

Best wishes to you OP, it looks like you have decent growth regardless and i hope you will be satisfied in the end

11 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

I have to be brutally honest, this is just incorrect. Most ASMED results i have seen make 5000 grafts look like 3000-2500 grafts, there is plenty of evidence around the internet. I don't want to give OP unnecessary stress but it's important that people reading these threads are not tricked into doing the same mistake. ASMED is classified as a hair mill on most forums including this one and for good reason, there are so many competent clinics nowadays, it's a mistake by any measure to go to ASMED, thats the last i will say about that.

Best wishes to you OP, it looks like you have decent growth regardless and i hope you will be satisfied in the end

Hi. I wish my case improves. I am bit shocked about hearing all of this. Most people achieve about 80% of their growth by sixth month. I don’t know if mine will improve or not. The scalp is still visible on crown area. 

6 minutes ago, Brilliant thougts said:

Hi. I wish my case improves. I am bit shocked about hearing all of this. Most people achieve about 80% of their growth by sixth month. I don’t know if mine will improve or not. The scalp is still visible on crown area. 

As others have said the crown takes the longest to come in, at 6 months you might just see the start of the crown growth, i would stay calm and patient mate and re-evaluate closer to month 10. Are you using finasteride and minoxidil?

51 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

As others have said the crown takes the longest to come in, at 6 months you might just see the start of the crown growth, i would stay calm and patient mate and re-evaluate closer to month 10. Are you using finasteride and minoxidil?

Yes, I will do that. Hopefully all goes well. It has been quite a heavy journey on the soul. I am taking oral fin since surgery and started min 4 months ago