which clinic and how many grafts for hair transplant?

Hi guys i have been contemplating a hair transplant for a while now. hair loss started at age of 24 and now 39. So been a while i guess. I am currently using topical finasteride with minoxidil solution daily. I have was wondering what you guys think, how many grafts would be required and am i a good candidate?

I am from England and considering hair transplant from either Dr Ozlem Bicer, Dr Resul Yaman or Dr ahmad Moussa from surgery group.

Would appreciate the community feedback pics below.

hopefully i will have before and after pics like you guys in the future. Thanks in advance.

20240514_191555.jpg

20240514_191621.jpg

20240514_191648.jpg

20240514_191839.jpg

20240514_191727.jpg

20240514_191731.jpg

20240514_191816.jpg

• Valued Contributor

Some evidence of potentially heading towards a NW6 or 7. You might be best off considering FUT

A couple of good options you reach out to are Dr Ted Miln in Wales and Hattingen in Switzerland. I wouldn’t recommend going to Turkey for higher Norwood cases generally. 

thanks for reply and input. reason i was looking at these 2 surgeons in turkey is they seem to do the 4000 grafts surgery often on patients with pics on this forum.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, azzy said:

thanks for reply and input. reason i was looking at these 2 surgeons in turkey is they seem to do the 4000 grafts surgery often on patients with pics on this forum.

I know, but your crown is showing strong signs of having dipped quite a lot down in to the donor area. You might be better off starting with strip surgery in order to maximise what you can get from your donor area, but you've only selected three FUE surgeons. You shouldn't focus on the number of grafts that other patients have had from certain surgeons, but whether those surgeons have a strong track record of dealing with your level of hair loss (a potential NW7).

Remember that long term, 4,000 grafts will likely not be enough unless you absolutely manage to stop your hair loss on finasteride. If your hair loss continues to develop into the patterns it's showing currently, then you might find yourself running low on grafts from FUE. I think you need to think longer term and beyond your initial surgery - your donor area looks to have narrowed a lot which will pose problems getting enough grafts to meet your potential NW7 status, hence FUT would be a safer way to start.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, duchaine said:

first of all, are you on medications?
If yes, what are taking and for how long?

Topical finasteride and minoxidil. I know I will be flamed for sounding biased but Dr Bicer is a good choice from the names you mentioned. However you should be looking at a two staged approach rather than choosing a surgeon based on how many grafts can be transplanted in one day. The suggestion and advice by @Berba11 are excellent.

11 hours ago, azzy said:

Hi guys i have been contemplating a hair transplant for a while now. hair loss started at age of 24 and now 39. So been a while i guess. I am currently using topical finasteride with minoxidil solution daily. I have was wondering what you guys think, how many grafts would be required and am i a good candidate?

I am from England and considering hair transplant from either Dr Ozlem Bicer, Dr Resul Yaman or Dr ahmad Moussa from surgery group.

Would appreciate the community feedback pics below.

hopefully i will have before and after pics like you guys in the future. Thanks in advance.

20240514_191555.jpg

20240514_191621.jpg

20240514_191648.jpg

20240514_191839.jpg

20240514_191727.jpg

20240514_191731.jpg

20240514_191816.jpg

I went to dr bicer from uk, would defo recommend!, also Cyprus would be good option with hdc and de michalis also getting good reviews

Posted (edited)

From your list i would select either dr Yaman or Dr Bicer. They are both geat doctors. Dr yaman is really good at higher norwood cases and he has great results in simmilar cases like your case. You could search for dr bicer and dr yaman resuls on this forum by typing their name in the search bar.

Edited by Divinehair

dr yaman is a good option for people with a budget and definitely has its place, however, if you can afford to spend a bit more id recommend other surgeons who are great at donor management such as bisanga.

if money is absolutely no issue you could also consider fuegenix or dr zarev

from those you listed id pic bicer though 

just do the front and maybe midscalp for now and do not touch the crown

and down the line i think you will definitely need body hair transplant aswell

youre going norwood 7 with high sides

20240514_191727.thumb.jpg.38cf71c828ac40dab2a95ba624597e76.jpg.6cceaba41ad814104a7547f42bb66103.jpg

Thanks for you input. As I mentioned I have been using minoxidil and finasteride topical solution. Ine thing I forgot to mention which sounds like it it pretty relevant is that I tried a hair system just pre covid days for about 6 to 9 months the lower damage on the back and high sides is probably the damage from the hair system glue which was attached at around them places I believe. This could be why I have lost some grafts from that area.

So far I have had dr yamans team advise he thinks I need a 4000 graft transplant to start with and dr ahmad mousa team said to start with 2500 grafts to cover front and mid section to start with. Still need to have a one to one consultation with both doctors. Still waiting on reply from Dr bicers team.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, azzy said:

I tried a hair system just pre covid days for about 6 to 9 months the lower damage on the back and high sides is probably the damage from the hair system glue which was attached at around them places I believe. This could be why I have lost some grafts from that area.

If you think this could be a possibility then stay on the meds for a while and wait a few months to see if the hair grows in before deciding to go for a hair transplant.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.