Hasson and Wong / Dr. Hasson / 5,000 grafts / FUE / frontal zone/ some temples and mid-scalp / only 5 months post-op

This patient in his early 60’s from Alaska was looking to restore the front after previous alternative treatments produced little result. Dr. Hasson and team harvested a total of 5,000 grafts via FUE over 2 days to restore the hairline, frontal zone and necessary parts of the mid-scalp.

The hairline and frontal zone were reconstructed on day one, temples and some areas of the mid-scalp were addressed on day two. 360 grafts were single hair grafts, 3,325 were doubles and 315 were 3-4 hair grafts. He also started topical dutasteride shortly after the procedure. These post-op photos were sent in by the patient and the result to date reflected here is only 5 months post-op.

doug set 3.jpg

doug set 2.jpg

doug set 4.jpg

doug set 1 - Copy.jpg

doug set 5.jpg

doug set 6.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• Administrators

Now that IS DENSITY!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thx Melvin! I agree. That density is not easy to achieve especially considering that the hair shaft caliber is less than average and slightly on the fine side.

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Gatsby

So true. If you feel good you want to look good at most any age. Dr. Hasson once told me a story of another doctor who was still doing research at the age of 95 years old who had a transplant with him. He told Dr. Hasson his result only needed to last him another 5 years and at that stage he’d likely retire…. 😊

Affectionatefail2

In most cases today, the doctors will recommend the topical dutasteride. Each case is different and some patients will start or continue oral finasteride but patients in general seem to prefer a topical over an oral. There is also a topical finasteride option but our feelings are the topical dutasteride will work even better than the topical finasteride. In a smaller percentage of cases, the topical finasteride may be preferred. The doctors are also recommending in some cases adding an oral dose of minoxidil for maximum benefit. Together, they have a synergistic effect.

While the right topical can work better overall than the oral, the other benefit is their effectiveness in the hairline. Oral finasteride does not typically work as well in the front as it does in the back. The topicals should also work well in the hairline and just as well in the front than in the back.

You or anyone else here interested in further discussing whether a topical option may be a good choice can email me at: doug@hassonandwong.com. Mention you saw my HTN post. I can also provide a discount code for your first order should you decide to try it.

Hassonandwong.com

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Also serves as a reminder to younger folk that is ‘older folk’ also care about their hair too! Thanks for sharing. 

At 57 years old I can say this is absolutely true especially if you are single and dating.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Gatsby, 

Xyon is not presently shipping to Australia and they don’t have a time frame for when that might be possible.

However, in addition to presently shipping to the US and Canada, they plan to be able to ship to counties in the European Union sometime mid to late next month.  Hopefully, other areas are not too far away.

• Like 1

Hassonandwong.com