Espinosa Custodio 3200 Grafts

Hello all, just wanted to post my procedure with Espinosa Custodio in Madrid:

First off, I want to say that the facility and staff are absolutely amazing! Doctor Custodio absolutely cares for his patients and will take as much time as needed to discuss and go over a plan that you are happy with. 

The first day started with the in person consultation and seeing the areas my hair was thinning and what was needed to add density in very thin areas and reconstruct the hairline. After looking at my hair under the microscope we decided that we would try to fill in the crown (as much as possible) and address the hairline. After getting an idea of what my donor area would produce he explained that my donor was very thick and would give a high graft to follicle ratio. We decided to take a more conservative approach and do a little less grafts than planned because of the donor quality. I am planning on a second touch up procedure early next year to add density to areas that still need it or address whatever else is left.

My main points were going in were as follows:

1. I wanted to be a little conservative my first transplant and make sure that things came out natural. I did not want a super thick hairline that did not blend into my mid scalp because i already knew going in, my donor area was very thick. 

2. I really wanted to address the crown a bit in the first procedure but the Dr would not guarantee that until he saw my donor area in person. The plan was always for a second procedure but i really wanted to get at least some in the crown. 

3. I wanted to make sure that i had no over harvesting on my donor to ensure that a second procedure would go smoothly. He ensured me that he would space out all grafts to make it it evenly distributed. 

4. Lastly, i wanted to be very careful implanting into my existing hair. I started oral minoxidil 5MG about 5 months before the procedure and started to see some results coming in. I wanted him to take a look at my thin areas to gage the quality of the hair that was growing because i was starting to see a noticeable difference. He looked at all areas and added grafts to the thin areas that he believed would still need the grafts even if the minoxidil filled it out a bit.

Below is the starting point, post OP, and 1 Week.

Approximate graft breakdown was:

2200 hairline temples

1100 Crown

Total: 3200 Grafts - 7900 follicles 

Start:

image.png.66352b0134fc0ecbff286097c8a3609a.png

image.png.ce147816bffa075aa05c132ffda073f1.png

Post OP:

image.png.f452a6079537e4331ce905d70a7c4fa3.png

image.png.8fde6de5e79d173318809e3acb5b5d42.png

image.png.28dc043d6bb35821be94762e2fcaf52f.png

image.png.0296849b8acd88ef5f5d894c8830d5fd.png

1 Week:

image.png.27166ef8ae7e8dc936d4c15d24e008d0.png

image.png.b439f92e27f5d80dd6edc71e58eff9b5.png

image.png.ef8c5a85afc6f8607d0f2b9e6e6bea17.png

image.png.498e165aee1a806f71bd84ead2cdc6e1.png

Shot of Donor: (its not the best pics there is a gel on there which created a bit of a glare/bad picture)

image.png.bb791c4ff6c54908079c7bd9edce2957.png

image.png.294d1eae51193c1683e68936f1580a5e.png

• Like 1

• Administrators

The work looks super clean. I think this may be Dr. Custodio’s first review here. In my opinion, he’s very skilled and a great value. Im actually surprised how thick the crown looks. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Looks excellent, excited to follow your journey🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

With those scabs gone it’s really looking good. Does the hair line have just a hint of a widows peak in the center? I always felt that gives the hair line a more natural look. I want to see how that turns out. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

26 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

With those scabs gone it’s really looking good. Does the hair line have just a hint of a widows peak in the center? I always felt that gives the hair line a more natural look. I want to see how that turns out. 

Yes, i had a little bit of thin hair in the front that he wanted to blend the new grafts into, to create a more natural hairline. I didnt want to go too low dropping my hairline, but he thought it was a good starting spot.