Looking for vouch for Dr Sara Salas

Hi everyone, I'm a 23 male looking to get an eyebrow transplant. I've never had eyebrows my whole life and wanted to get this done before my job this summer. 

After looking into it I've decided on Dr, Sara Salas in Tijuana after seeing she had good experience and vouches. I wanted to come here to ask if anyone has done transplant with her in the past, whether it be hair or eyebrows. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fue3361 said:

I'm not seeing the experiences and vouches.  Maybe show a few good examples and we can examine them.

This is her Realself with reviews and pictures https://www.realself.com/dr/sara-salas-tijuana-mexico

She's also a member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery

Edited by Antman

Yeah, none of that impresses me.  No user made posts/reviews, only random ones without pictures.

Her own before/after pictures (ones she self selected to put on her site) tell pretty much nothing.  All low resolution, can't see hairlines properly, or much detail anywhere.  And the ones that do show hairlines are very low density.

I'd not go to her.

Check out my journey here:

1 hour ago, Fue3361 said:

Yeah, none of that impresses me.  No user made posts/reviews, only random ones without pictures.

Her own before/after pictures (ones she self selected to put on her site) tell pretty much nothing.  All low resolution, can't see hairlines properly, or much detail anywhere.  And the ones that do show hairlines are very low density.

I'd not go to her.

I'm pretty sure all the reviews are user made?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

I'd not go to her.

This is her youtube channel, she has a lot of videos of patient results

Edited by Antman

You have to look for experiences of real patients, who have posted their progress, not her YouTube channel or her website, where she uploads photos of patients that might not even be hers.

You fundamentally don’t understand how to approach vetting surgeons for HT.  

if you can’t find at least a few user submitted results (on forums, or elsewhere), risk is high that the results you are seeing are cherry picked at best, or fake at worst.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ITA said:

You have to look for experiences of real patients, who have posted their progress, not her YouTube channel or her website, where she uploads photos of patients that might not even be hers.

It is vital to seek actual patient accounts for solid insights rather than depending exclusively on selected content from a professional.

• Like 1

There are user reviews on Realself and Reddit, but that's the main reason I came here, to see if anyone can speak on their experience with her

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

You fundamentally don’t understand how to approach vetting surgeons for HT.  

if you can’t find at least a few user submitted results (on forums, or elsewhere), risk is high that the results you are seeing are cherry picked at best, or fake at worst.

These are a few I found

Someone in the comments of this last post vouched for her.

Edited by Melvin- Admin
Removed links

45 minutes ago, Antman said:

These are a few I found 

Someone in the comments of this last post vouched for her.

I literally looked at all 3 of these threads, and not a single user who vouched for her has a thread or post showing before/after results of themselves.

"She did a good job", or "I've heard good things" is a very very low bar for choosing a surgeon.

• Administrators

I have never heard of this doctor. Doesn’t mean she’s bad. Independent reviews are important. However, there’s some good surgeons with very little or no reviews. Lack of reviews doesn’t necessarily mean bad. There needs to be high quality case presentation on behalf of the surgeon though. 

Also, the surgeon should be able to facilitate you speaking to a past patient, or possibly help you meet them in person. What is drawing you to this particular surgeon? If its cost and location alone, then you’re already researching badly. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I have never heard of this doctor. Doesn’t mean she’s bad. Independent reviews are important. However, there’s some good surgeons with very little or no reviews. Lack of reviews doesn’t necessarily mean bad. There needs to be high quality case presentation on behalf of the surgeon though. 

Also, the surgeon should be able to facilitate you speaking to a past patient, or possibly help you meet them in person. What is drawing you to this particular surgeon? If its cost and location alone, then you’re already researching badly. 

Cost and location are big factors I wont lie. Given that she actually does happen to be out of my budget and is the highest non-American quote I received so far for eyebrows. 

I like that she does have good reviews from what I could find and her staff is very professional and she took the time out to talk to me personally. I like that she is ISHRS certified and also she confirmed to me that she does most of the procedure herself.

Another point is that she trained under and has vouches from Dr. Alex Ginzburg, Dr. Shapiro in Minnesota and Dr. William Rassman 

Edited by Antman

• Administrators
On 4/22/2024 at 11:27 AM, Antman said:

Cost and location are big factors I wont lie. Given that she actually does happen to be out of my budget and is the highest non-American quote I received so far for eyebrows. 

I like that she does have good reviews from what I could find and her staff is very professional and she took the time out to talk to me personally. I like that she is ISHRS certified and also she confirmed to me that she does most of the procedure herself.

Another point is that she trained under and has vouches from Dr. Alex Ginzburg, Dr. Shapiro in Minnesota and Dr. William Rassman 

If you feel comfortable with her, choose her, if you do get surgery with her please consider creating a review. That will help others researching.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.