Proven DHT Inhibitor Besides Propecia

Cant decide

What would you guys recommend I use as a DHT inhibitor besides propecia/proscar. I was on propecia some time ago but expierieced side effects.

I am about to book my first HT and need to get on a good hairloss prevention regimin to hold onto what I have. I am thinking the following.

Rogain Foam

Nizoral Shampoo

Multivitamin

Now I need to work in a DHT inhibitor as well.

Thoughts?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hi Can't decide, I think theres only two real DHT inhibitors. 1) is Finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) and 2) Dudasteride (Advodart) now from what i heard about Dudasteride is........." concerns have been raised about duasterides unknown longterm effects among males. Duasteride is a much more potenet drug then finasteride it suppresses two kinds of 5 alpha reductase(5AR)- these are the ezymes responsible for testosterones conversion into dht. finasteride only blocks the 5ar type 2 enzyme, duasteride blocks the 5ar type 1 enzyme which is found in the human brain, its function in the brain has not yet been identified. These are the reasons that duasteride could be dangerous because we simply do not know the long term systematic effects of the drug" I've had sides from Finasteride also but hope to give it another run again shortly. Not sure if i would take Dudasteride

Hi CantDecide,

If you experienced sides with finasteride then its very likely you will have the same or worse sides with Dutasteride as its a much stonger drug. Dutasteride is a better drug as outlined by Jojo but its pretty new so longterm damage is not fully assessed.

Try looking into Minoxidil 15% on Amazon just google it, it claims its a DHT inhibitor but do your research on it.

Regards,

Irish

Current Regime:

Minox liquid 5% twice a day

Proscar 1/4 tab a day

Nizoral every 2nd day

MSM 1000mg a day

Silica 200mg a day

AHS 6 months laser treatment- POOR results

Crescina - no results

IRISH

Hi All - Sorry about replying to my own post but I really need this info if anyone has it. If one has had sides with propecia, and cannot tolerate it, what do docs usually recommend to block DHT? I may eventually go on a lower dose of finasteride. I am already doing the Rogain, Nizoral, and MSM thing and just need the final (and most important) arrow in my quiver. Is there anything besides finasteride that is remotely effective in blocking DHT?

Thanks

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hi, i read up a lot before i decided to start Dutasteride myself and am on a very low dose of 1 a week and my hair loss has stopped, i just thought id mention i've come across a few posts about side effects and some seem to experience sides on say propecia but not the other dutasteride and vice versa. Possibly they work differently but i honestly couldn't say why that is.

I understand the concerns over long term effects, that and just plain not being able to afford a lot has me on 1 a week with the only side effect so far being more watery semen.

• 1 month later...

Can't decide,

Try taking Zinc rich diet, Zinc is the best natural DHT blocker.

Fish, eggs, Cashew Nuts, Oysters, Pine Nuts etc are all rich in Zinc.