What role does the quality of the donor area play in determining the success of a hair transplant in the future

Hi,

For the last year I have been reaching out through email and photos to a few top clinics in the world to get an assessment  for an hair transplant.

Some doctors accepted me as a patient while others said I am required to take finasteride for 6-12 months and than review again my androgenetic alopecia.

for example Dr.José Lorenzo said that my donor area is also affected by alopecia and the grafts can be very fragile.

I DO NOT want to take 
finasteride as I have some friends who got severe side effects from that and I believe it's not worth the risk.

In case I go head with an hair transplant using my current donor area and without finasteride will the result last for a long time or I might lose the transplanted hair after a few years?

Here a video and images of my donor.

20240406_091817.thumb.jpg.95d8cd0f9f4b48ca2220ab7abd79cfd2.jpg20240406_091904.thumb.jpg.65a69957cdcd17e2d5b66d9fcf8052e8.jpg

@eladnm with medications your donor will be improved. I think first of all, you should Give it a try. Not necessarily everyone will have sides. If you face any issues, stop the medication and sides will reverse

It seems you're on the border for having diffuse thinning over the donor area, so Finasteride and Minoxidil can help you a lot, you should see if there's a change between 3-6 months, I myself in the past experienced side effects from the oral Propecia Finasteride pills, so I switched to topical formula of 1% Finasteride mixed with 5% Minoxidil that helped a lot my vertex crown area, I had 2 hair transplants over my crown in 2021 and 5 months ago, when I didn't use meds in 2021 the transplanted hair only started to grow after 6 months and this time after 4 months due to the boost of the blood streaming from the topical formula.

This is documentation how the topical formula helped my crown:

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.