Concerned about Dr. Resul Yaman consultation suggestion

Posted (edited)

Here's another photo I just took of the top of my head in my usual styling. The forelock area to me looks less dense than the rest of my hair.17122690974348733255226256470477.thumb.jpg.531d0846b99965c6d6a137d5d6a775f5.jpg

Edit: Added photos of the front and sides to give you a better idea.

PXL_20240331_1426072962.thumb.jpg.6ccac63ad0e3e66e6ca9a0bc26340544.jpg

PXL_20240331_1426416492.thumb.jpg.bd35629a47057454f13ea4c8bd1f9a32.jpg

PXL_20240331_1428471012.thumb.jpg.876592a9819be5b3bfbb4dd80033151e.jpg

Edited by rs525
Added new photos

Posted (edited)

Another clinic has replied to me, this time it's Armamed where Dr. Erkan Demirsoy works.

His assistant Muzaffer said Dr. Demirsoy suggested anywhere between 2700-3200 grafts to the front area for a conservative hairline. The cost in cash is 1.8 euros per graft or 1.5 euros if half of the extractions are done by a nurse with 16 years experience in extraction. There is 20% difference if paying with a card because of bank commission. 

The operation price also includes medication (antibiotics and painkillers), a wash the day after, a special shampoo and seawater spray panthenol spray.

Transfers and accommodation they can organize according to the wish of their patients.

2 nights accommodation in 4 star hotel (breakfast included, single room ) and all transfers between airport - hotel and clinic costs 270 euro.(if the flights will be to /from Sabiha Gökçen airport). If I want to stay a few days longer its possible.

I'm surprised, I guess this is normal for Turkish hair transplants because Dr. Yaman's assessment was not far off. However Demirsoy is more expensive for a cost ranging anywhere from $4389 to $6242 in cash depending on the number of grafts and who's performing the extractions.

Still waiting to hear back from Dr. Luis Nader, Dr. Ozlem Bicer, Fuecapilar and Dr. Kayihan Sahinoglu to see what they think, but so far based on the three clinics I've heard back from, the median number of grafts is around 2400 (Nusbaum suggesting 1600-1800 grafts being the lowest and Resul Yaman being in the middle).

Edited by rs525

OK folks we've got a big one. Dr. Ozlem Bicer's clinic responded with a very professionally made pdf stating that based on my hair loss, I could use 1500 grafts, give or take 200 grafts. Price for up to 2000 grafts is 6000 euros, after that it is 3 euros per graft and any card purchase would result in a 10% commission. Transfers from airport to hotel and accomodations are extra though. 

18 hours ago, rs525 said:

There is 20% difference if paying with a card because of bank commission.

That's really not bank commission. It's tax that should be required regardless of how you pay, but I guess it'll go undeclared if in cash.

Another clinic is out for me. Miami Hair Institute quoted me for 1600-1800 grafts and it was $8 per graft for their FUE procedure so I was looking at anywhere between $12,800 and $14,400 for a transplant. No thanks.

32 minutes ago, rs525 said:

Another clinic is out for me. Miami Hair Institute quoted me for 1600-1800 grafts and it was $8 per graft for their FUE procedure so I was looking at anywhere between $12,800 and $14,400 for a transplant. No thanks.

have you heard with pekiner and keser yet? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ajamilo said:

have you heard with pekiner and keser yet? 

I haven't consulted with them or have any intention to. I've heard back from Bicer, Yaman and Demirsoy. FUECAPILAR should be responding back in a couple of days. Those are pretty much the only doctors in Turkey I would consider and possibly Kayihan Sahinoglu.

Edited by rs525

5 hours ago, rs525 said:

I haven't consulted with them or have any intention to. I've heard back from Bicer, Yaman and Demirsoy. FUECAPILAR should be responding back in a couple of days. Those are pretty much the only doctors in Turkey I would consider and possibly Kayihan Sahinoglu.

I understand. You do you but those two doctors are above those doctors you have consulted. Good luck

47 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

I understand. You do you but those two doctors are above those doctors you have consulted. Good luck

Plus Ankara is more expensive and further away than Istanbul, plus Pekiner is nearly impossible to get a hold of and has no website or any sort of contact information. That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me. I'm also waiting to hear back if ever from Dr. Luis Nader who is probably my top choice for price, location and great results.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 4/6/2024 at 10:59 AM, BackFromTheBrink said:

That's really not bank commission. It's tax that should be required regardless of how you pay, but I guess it'll go undeclared if in cash.

Years ago when I had my own part time small business my credit card fees were 9%. I know it's generally less now for anyone in the USA these days, but there is still a cost of accepting cards. It may still be closer to 9% in other countries, but I don't know.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

Years ago when I had my own part time small business my credit card fees were 9%. I know it's generally less now for anyone in the USA these days, but there is still a cost of accepting cards. It may still be closer to 9% in other countries, but I don't know.

That's true, though it's usually a much lower fee, especially for large payments.

Though I'd expect you'd accept a bank transfer for large payments (which wouldn't attract the fee)?.

I finally heard back from the last clinic I had in mind for Turkey, FUECapilar. Both Doctors Turan and Gur assessed my case and came to different conclusions. Both actually said I'm somewhere between a Norwood 2 and 3 so it's good to get some confirmation. Baki from Fuecapilar said they both operate on a max of two patients a day.

First Doctor Turan. He said I would need somewhere between 1750 and 2250 grafts based on my photos. The implant procedure would be DHI and the total cost including 2 nights at a 4 star hotel, all transfers and a deposit to book the appointment is 3600 euros (about $3835). An 18% VAT charge is applied if paying with a card. Unlike Dr. Gur a translator will be provided since I know he doesn't speak English and uses a needle free preanesthetic. The hairline he drew out is below.

Screenshot_20240418-1534152.thumb.png.a849456f0199d0137e2d6e58c980bc26.png

Dr. Gur on the other hand seems to be a little more conservative and suggested 1500-2000 grafts. He uses FUE Sapphire implantation and the package deal is mostly the same (no translator or preanesthetic). The cost is 3800 euros for the standard package or for an extra 100 euros Dr. Gur will perform the graft extractions. 18% VAT charge + a 3% bank fee if paying with a card. The hairline he drew out is below.Screenshot_20240418-1528312.thumb.png.933bfc53df7079ae7b429d2f1afd9758.png

And with that, that's the five doctors in Turkey I'm considering. I'm dropping Dr. Kayihan Sahinoglu because although he seems like a decent ethical guy but he never responded to my follow up email answering his questions and sending him photos.

Let me know what you all think. So far I think if I get a hair transplant in Turkey I would go with one of the doctors from Fuecapilar taking price into account because round trip plane tickets to Istanbul are stupidly expensive ranging from about 1200 to 2000 dollars depending on the time of year.

I've decided I'm going to drop Dr. Ozlem Bicer and Erkan Demirsoy because they exceed my price point. She's just too expensive between of the cost of the procedure, plane tickets to Istanbul seem to hover around $1500, how long it takes to get there and all transfers and accommodations cost extra, even then you only get two nights.

I understand she's one the best and most ethical surgeons out there and I'm sure like all Turkish doctors she's great if you live in Europe where it's much cheaper and easier to get to Turkey. I understand the whole you shouldn't limit yourself to one geographic area but you have to understand I hate really long flights and jet lag so I'd rather go with Dr. Luis Nader in Mexico if I ever hear back from him and the price is fair or Bogota Hairlines in Colombia. If I REALLY needed to go to Turkey I would go with FUECapilar (Dr. Gur or Dr. Turan).

They're probably not that less expensive but they're significantly cheaper and easier to get to from Florida.

Edited by rs525
No longer considering Dr. Yaman