Hasson, 3k grafts, 11 months, so disappointed

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Come on man, this is not a heart transplant, lol..

off the top of my head, one of the techs could do something that causes the patient's skin to start necrosising. Necrosis is a very rapid process and would require a doctor's quick wits to fix

I had surgery with one of the elite doctors on the forum. There was one moment in surgery where he suddenly looked pretty concerned and halted everything in order to examine my scalp. Apparently a section of the recipient area was turning exceptionally dark really quickly and my doc thought it could have potentially been the start of necrosis

Luckily after a brief examination the surgeon saw that this section was just normal bruising/surgery trauma, and after taking my blood pressure, the surgery resumed

But the point stands that even though hair transplants are casual surgeries on the grand scale of things, they very much still require rigorous monitoring and a doctor present in case things go south. No - you won't die from a hair transplant procedure. But the unexpected can still happen and I wouldn't trust the techs to be my last line of defense.

And also just in general, do you not see anything wrong with the doctor leaving early? Some patients might take out a loan for surgery and make other big sacrifices, perhaps traveling internationally, such a big commitment, so much faith and trust in the doctor, just for him to leave early so he can attend his golf game 🤷‍♂️

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Come on man, this is not a heart transplant, lol..

HT patients bleed, pass out, get intra-vascular lidocaine amongst other things….

• Valued Contributor

I'd have to the say that the seemingly 'on the rise' prevalence of otherwise very good surgeons "doing their bit" and then sodding off for most or all of the surgery is a massive bugbear of mine and it's not really acceptable.

Aside from potential risks of surgery already outlined here, a patient's results are likely to be worse rather than better with less doctor involvement/oversight, and if you're paying top dollar you should get a top dollar level of service and time with the surgeon at all stages of the process.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

off the top of my head, one of the techs could do something that causes the patient's skin to start necrosising. Necrosis is a very rapid process and would require a doctor's quick wits to fix

I had surgery with one of the elite doctors on the forum. There was one moment in surgery where he suddenly looked pretty concerned and halted everything in order to examine my scalp. Apparently a section of the recipient area was turning exceptionally dark really quickly and my doc thought it could have potentially been the start of necrosis

Luckily after a brief examination the surgeon saw that this section was just normal bruising/surgery trauma, and after taking my blood pressure, the surgery resumed

But the point stands that even though hair transplants are casual surgeries on the grand scale of things, they very much still require rigorous monitoring and a doctor present in case things go south. No - you won't die from a hair transplant procedure. But the unexpected can still happen and I wouldn't trust the techs to be my last line of defense.

And also just in general, do you not see anything wrong with the doctor leaving early? Some patients might take out a loan for surgery and make other big sacrifices, perhaps traveling internationally, such a big commitment, so much faith and trust in the doctor, just for him to leave early so he can attend his golf game 🤷‍♂️

I think you missunderstood what the patient said. The doctor was not there by the placement of the grafts nad this is what normally happens by the most clinics where technisians are placing the grafts with the doctor ocassionally checking on the patient. In the H&W clinic it is known that for the fue procedures the extraction of the grafts is being done by technisians that from what i have seen so far they are preety good at what they are doing. This is also being done under the supervision of the doctor. In this case the result looks really not good and the doctor involvement was also poor and i really hope someone of the clinic will comment on this thread.

But for the complications that you are saying there is not much that it can be done by a ht doctor in a ht clinic. If a patient gets an allergish schock due to lidocaine or other medications he cannot be treated properly in a ht clinic, he needs to be transfered to a hosptital as soon as possible to get proper treatment, in such cases a treatment with general anesthesia of the patient might be needed as well. In cases of skin necrosis the only thing that the doctor can do is to stop the surgery and perscribe antibiotics to avoid an infection. The same goes for cases of excessive bleeding. In cases of serious preety low blood pressure once again the patient needs to be transferred to a hospital to get proper treatment.

Unfortunately the vast majority of ht doctors are not in the position to treat such rare conditions simply because they dont have the means for something like that. But its important to be able to recognize such complications and this is what most doctors do in such rare occasions.

Dr. Hasson had noted in early Feb that he was seeing lots of immature hair and wanted to give it another 4 months and then revisit. As always, he stands behind his work and if the result does not turn out as he expected, he will honor our guarantee and make it right. When he returns to the clinic next week, I will get his thoughts and update if necessary. 

• Like 1

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com