My Hair Transplant Journey with Dr. Yaman 4350 grafts

My Hair Transplant Journey with Dr. Yaman: A Personal Account

Here is my story. I contacted Dr. Yaman clinic and a few others, and an analysis of my hair was done. I listened carefully to what they were saying about the treatment and their clinic. My goal was to do it someplace with at least the doctor's presence. I was not going for the option where the doctor does everything as there was a huge cost difference. So I chose Dr. Yaman after going through many reviews on this forum and others. Please, guys, do your research and spend time thoroughly and don’t decide in rushing.

My situation before HT

IMG_2364.thumb.jpeg.47032d6fb3fd0278d560c92ea6784166.jpeg

IMG_2381.thumb.jpeg.19ad1fe1f6a7222e08885baf84160024.jpeg

IMG_2383.thumb.jpeg.d0de60cbc8d415e381be0013b5ce6b3a.jpeg

Finally, I came to Istanbul.

**Day 0 -**
A driver picked me up from the airport and dropped me at the hotel. I reached Istanbul around 8:30 pm, so my blood test and vital check-up were scheduled for the next day.

**Day 1 -**
I had my breakfast at the hotel and was picked up by the driver at 8:15 in the morning to the clinic. Then my blood test and vital were done. Then Dr. Yaman explained the process and what to expect.

**Step 1 -**
He checked my donor area and said it’s amazing and he designed my hairline. Then I verified the design and showed him my old photos where he found that I have a very big forehead from childhood, and then he adjusted my hairline a little up as I requested to have a mature hairline.

**Step 2 -**
After my satisfaction, we moved to the next process, incision, at around 10 am. Like the clinic promised, Dr. Yaman performed the incision himself. He gave local anesthesia which was painful, I must admit. Then he designed the slits to define my hairline and orientation.

**Step 3 -**
Extraction: This process started around 11:30 am. Two or three nurses came and started putting local anesthesia on my donor area, and it was painful. I wish they had chosen the needle-less one. This is the most difficult thing in the process I felt as I need to lie down in the face-down position for around 3 hours and the incision area was also hurting me a bit when you look down on the face hole on the operation bed. One person was using the motorized device to extract the hair follicles and one more person was uprooting and keeping it in the solution. At around 2:30 pm, my extraction got completely done. At this point, I experienced a momentary blackout, but the nursing staff quickly attended to me, providing care and ensuring my comfort.

**Step 4 -**
Implant: After my lunch, the implant started. Three girls were doing it starting with local anesthesia again on my recipient area. They implanted 4350 hairs and completed around 7:30 pm: yes 4 hours 30 min approximately. Then they did bandages in my donor area and dropped me at the hotel with medicines and a medical kit.

My night experience: I reached the hotel around 8:30 pm and then got freshened and ordered my dinner and then went to bed around 10:30 pm.

**Day 2 -**
It’s a rest day mostly not much to do. As they told me, the driver picked me at 12 pm to the clinic to explain the cleaning process.

Here, Dr. Yaman checked very carefully my recipient area and donor area. He said it’s good, but I am not fully convinced as there was another person and for him, it was really nice. In my case, they noticed something and gave me some oxygen for 30 min while applying the hair foam. 

IMG_2485.thumb.jpeg.300fbe07830816f5eea94bd69345a9d1.jpeg

But for the other guy, it was just fine. And after 30 min of oxygen, I was brought to the cleaning place where they removed my bandages from the donor area. There also in one or two spots, bleeding was happening. Somehow, I felt that my case was a bit not normal from their body language even though they assured me all is well. Dr. Yaman prescribed me some extra medication in my case.

But I felt I took a good decision by deciding to do my HT in presence of a Genuine Doctor. Because you never know how your body reacts to this surgery and if the doctor is there then they can handle such situations. My health condition is very normal and I still faced challenges so I request everyone to do your research and then choose the right doctor for your treatment.I don’t know how my healing will happen in the coming days but I am writing this post to share my real experience with you all and track my progress by keep updating my progress. Good or bad? Not sure but finger crossed!!

**post ops photos **

**day 1**

IMG_2478.thumb.jpeg.2165dc032c0966a63a051bc0cf063953.jpeg

**day 2**

IMG_2490.thumb.jpeg.75802662d5a271a5a00dc7f8974b46ac.jpeg

IMG_2492.thumb.jpeg.aeb0619ca6e50a992152466f5039f31a.jpeg

IMG_2495.thumb.jpeg.965a23b7832113a332ac229c0f20d4e3.jpeg

IMG_2511.thumb.jpeg.5bfa1bb9511728f8792cc257343f2228.jpeg

However, I have a few questions:

**Open questions**
- Does it matter if incision is performed first and then extraction and followed by implant? As I met a guy there and for whom the extraction took place first and then incision and implant. As I felt more uncomfortable while extraction was taking place post incision.
- Please also advise how I can sleep better in these initial 10 days.
- Also comment your views on my donor area and recipient area.

Thanks for reading and commenting. I really appreciate it.

Edited by ABG
Removed unwanted photos
  • Like 2

Happy growing. The plan and distribution of grafts along the recipient area looks really good. You will get a nice result 👍 you should also start oral finatseride 1mg per day and topical minoxidil 2 times per day for 7 months after 15 days from your procedure.  Good luck 🤞

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. How long it takes to know if fin and min has sides or not? I have never taken them yet and if I use both then how would I know which one has sides on me?

17 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

Happy growing. The plan and distribution of grafts along the recipient area looks really good. You will get a nice result 👍 you should also start oral finatseride 1mg per day and topical minoxidil 2 times per day for 7 months after 15 days from your procedure.  Good luck 🤞

33 minutes ago, ABG said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. How long it takes to know if fin and min has sides or not? I have never taken them yet and if I use both then how would I know which one has sides on me?

Minoxidil doesn’t have side effects. Finasteride also has small chance for sides. You can take finatseride every other day and not every day if you worry about sides. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nobaldscalp said:

Happy growing. I like the design of your hair transplant. How would you describe your overall experience with dr yaman. Are you satisfied with the process ? 

They did all what they mentioned during the call. So overall my experience so far is satisfactory.

Now, my result can tell the rest and for that I am also waiting.

On 3/16/2024 at 6:36 PM, ABG said:

Topical min can have sides as itching. I had it after I was using it a while so I changed it to oral minoxidil.

usually in the beginning in the Fin journey one can get some problems with the private part. But usually if you continue to use it like 1-2 month it will fade away and be normal as before. 

8 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

Topical min can have sides as itching. I had it after I was using it a while so I changed it to oral minoxidil.

usually in the beginning in the Fin journey one can get some problems with the private part. But usually if you continue to use it like 1-2 month it will fade away and be normal as before. 

Thanks for sharing. Good to know. I have also started reading more on this and I came to a conclusion the dosage varies and a dermatologist consult is recommended. I see many suggested 1mg fin daily or 3time weekly and topical min has been suggested by many. But I read that these med has to be taken life long if you want keep your fair-fall and the moment you let go fin-min your hair falls start very fast.

so my question is how long it takes to know the sides of fin? And if you know you are more sensitive to fin then if you stop the med then what will happen to your hair fall?

8 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

25 minutes ago, ABG said:

Thanks for sharing. Good to know. I have also started reading more on this and I came to a conclusion the dosage varies and a dermatologist consult is recommended. I see many suggested 1mg fin daily or 3time weekly and topical min has been suggested by many. But I read that these med has to be taken life long if you want keep your fair-fall and the moment you let go fin-min your hair falls start very fast.

so my question is how long it takes to know the sides of fin? And if you know you are more sensitive to fin then if you stop the med then what will happen to your hair fall?

I don’t know how long it takes to know the sides of FIN but is normal to feel different the first month at least. I did it and I know some friends that also felt the same.  I think this has something to do with the body's adaptation to the medicine.  is rare that you get side effects that last longer than that tho. 

let's say you've been using FIN for a year. most likely you will shed a lot when you stop and you will end up where you were supposed to be if you haven’t used the medicine. that is why many people are shocked when they lose a lot of hair and a lot of it does not recover. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

I don’t know how long it takes to know the sides of FIN but is normal to feel different the first month at least. I did it and I know some friends that also felt the same.  I think this has something to do with the body's adaptation to the medicine.  is rare that you get side effects that last longer than that tho. 

let's say you've been using FIN for a year. most likely you will shed a lot when you stop and you will end up where you were supposed to be if you haven’t used the medicine. that is why many people are shocked when they lose a lot of hair and a lot of it does not recover. 

Yeah, That make complete sense. Thanks!

How would you manage the doses and which particular brand is  recommended, any suggestions? And moreover is dermatologist consultation is very much required? Please also let me know is it available over the counter or required doc prescription. 

Posted (edited)

Day 3: Update - 20/03/2024

No itchy ness

Swelling reduced a bit but I get swelling on the backside of head when I use the neck pillow during sleeping.

Back side hurts a bit when applying shampoo and massage a bit compare to transplant areas where any way I just do tapping gently when I do washing.

Not taking any pain killers so far which anyway clinic gave just incase.

The yellow things which see in side pics are just ointments NitroFurazon for donner area recovery.

IMG_2565.thumb.jpeg.18bd6f2d539c00091cd6f68a4d036d1b.jpegIMG_2562.thumb.jpeg.360d87438923fddcfb0d47f83e72f4db.jpegIMG_2564.thumb.jpeg.e845ed09325573cffe9803e181688aec.jpegIMG_2561.thumb.jpeg.a900ced383f728fd8d02b1ed786c070b.jpeg

What do you think about the donner area and transplant area?

is it recovering well?

I still find it uncomfortable to sleep with the neck pillow. Any idea how long this initial struggle would last?

Edited by ABG