Can I use hair product, 8 weeks post op?

Hi lads. Hair getting very fluffy on top now and would like to start putting wax or paste in it. Would that be ok at this point? Don’t want to nag my patient coordinator too much so thought I’d ask if you lot have done so…

cheers 

I'm sure your patient coordinator would appreciate the opportunity to advise you throughout your post-op recovery. Especially if the alternative is asking a bunch of people on the internet.

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023

27 minutes ago, gaz9318054 said:

I'm sure your patient coordinator would appreciate the opportunity to advise you throughout your post-op recovery. Especially if the alternative is asking a bunch of people on the internet.

Fair enough! Just wondered if anyone else had done it! Forget I said anything. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, gaz9318054 said:

There’s nothing wrong with getting opinions.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

There’s nothing wrong with getting opinions.

The clinic knows the patient's case and details about the procedure better than anyone. They should be the first point of contact for advice related to post-operative care and recovery.

Of course there's nothing wrong with getting feedback from others, but not in lieu of contacting the clinic altogether. I think it's a good idea to remind people that communicating questions and concerns with their clinic is not only acceptable, but an important part of the recovery process.

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023