Recommendations / Advice

Hi all... I am looking for help in finding the right place to go for a hair transplant.  I initially found Cosmedica Istanbul on social media and booked in with them. Paid for flights and booked time off work etc... their social media looks great, the clinic looks clean and 5 star hotel and transfers included. The reviews online were also really good... that was until I found this forum and read all the REAL reviews.  Luckily I've decided against using them and will have to swallow the cost of the flights. 

Now what l am after is where do I go now? I have contacted Dr Bisanga at BHR Clinic and requested a consultation... would this be a good move? Obviously this would cost more than Turkey but need to weigh up my options. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

4 hours ago, danieljhartnell said:

Hi all... I am looking for help in finding the right place to go for a hair transplant.  I initially found Cosmedica Istanbul on social media and booked in with them. Paid for flights and booked time off work etc... their social media looks great, the clinic looks clean and 5 star hotel and transfers included. The reviews online were also really good... that was until I found this forum and read all the REAL reviews.  Luckily I've decided against using them and will have to swallow the cost of the flights. 

Now what l am after is where do I go now? I have contacted Dr Bisanga at BHR Clinic and requested a consultation... would this be a good move? Obviously this would cost more than Turkey but need to weigh up my options. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Definitely a good move. Dr. Bisanga would be an excellent choice. I've seen some excellent results by him.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, danieljhartnell said:

Luckily I've decided against using them and will have to swallow the cost of the flights. 

@danieljhartnell you realize that was the best money ever spent not getting a hair transplant. You would have possibly spent that or more in repair work 'potentially' if you didn't cancel. All the best with Dr Bisanga! 💪

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, danieljhartnell said:

So I got quoted €22,500 by Dr Bisanga. That's an extreme amount so I won't be usig him.

Any recommended surgeons on the UK?

How many grafts was this quote for? 

UK: Dr Edward Ball, Dr Mani Mittal & Dr Ted Miln are my short list.

There are a handful of other good ones too - Dr Reddy, Dr Farjo for example. 

Edited by SuperHans

2 hours ago, danieljhartnell said:

5000 grafts

£3.85 per graft is a good price for a surgeon of his calibre. You're not going to get it much cheaper in the UK (for that many grafts). 

5,000 is quite a lot of grafts, not a minor procedure. I'd want someone like Dr Bisanga working on me to increase the chance of a high percentage yield/efficient use of grafts, as that's quite a chunk of donor you'll be needing. 

• Like 1

My two favourites in Europe are still Hattingen (where I had both mine done - albeit FUT and I assume you want FUE) and Feriduni. Hattingen has their prices on their website so you can see what it would cost vs Bissanga. I would avoid the UK clinics.