Liposomal Topical finasteride 0.01% experiences

Hello, was anyone successfully able to switch to a topical finasteride solution after having made side effects with the oral version? I am planning on trying a low dose liposomal finasteride at 0.01% as I had impotence the first time around on oral. Wanted to get some experiences on microdosing topically, thank you! 

• Administrators

Others experience is irrelevant to you as an individual. The only way to know is to try it. I got sides on oral finasteride, switched to topical finasteride with no sides, and then switched to topical dutasteride a year later. I would reduce frequency vs. potency. 0.01 is nothing. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Look at mozzarella study. However there are people who haven't been able to replicate it and had to use lower doses to not have serum DHT inhibition. You can try liposomal or try super low dose.

I personally am too sensitive to anti androgens/DHT inhibitors so wasn't worth it for me. Even topical saw palmetto gave me sides. There are other options like CB,RU, alfatradiol, fluridil that you can try. I'm planning to try alfatradiol next.

7 hours ago, 4chanhue said:

Look at mozzarella study. However there are people who haven't been able to replicate it and had to use lower doses to not have serum DHT inhibition. You can try liposomal or try super low dose.

I personally am too sensitive to anti androgens/DHT inhibitors so wasn't worth it for me. Even topical saw palmetto gave me sides. There are other options like CB,RU, alfatradiol, fluridil that you can try. I'm planning to try alfatradiol next.

What are your side effects on DHT inhibitors like fin? Did you try oral and topical? Wonder if topical would give me the same effect 

On 3/1/2024 at 4:35 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Others experience is irrelevant to you as an individual. The only way to know is to try it. I got sides on oral finasteride, switched to topical finasteride with no sides, and then switched to topical dutasteride a year later. I would reduce frequency vs. potency. 0.01 is nothing. 

What were your oral fin sides?

7 hours ago, OfficerWinslow said:

@4chanhue Where are you getting alfatradiol from? 

I placed an order on Amazon.de. Also sold on Ebay and by Anagenica.

4 hours ago, mojones said:

What are your side effects on DHT inhibitors like fin? Did you try oral and topical? Wonder if topical would give me the same effect 

Sexual sides. With oral 1mg also had brain fog. If you get sides on oral you'll also get it on topical. Topical does go systemic with continued use and very low dose is enough to crash DHT by 70%. There are many posts on hairlosstalk about this. I also tried myself with low dose low frequency topical and eventually got sides.

Just because I got sides doesn't mean you will get them however. Lot of people can handle fin just fine.

@4chanhue Does alfatradiol work differently than Fin? When I googled it it seems it lowers DHT by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to DHT; which is the same as Fin no?  Very curious about this as I seem to be too sensitive to Fin, even at a topical low dose. 

17 minutes ago, OfficerWinslow said:

@4chanhue Does alfatradiol work differently than Fin? When I googled it it seems it lowers DHT by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to DHT; which is the same as Fin no?  Very curious about this as I seem to be too sensitive to Fin, even at a topical low dose. 

just sharing my experience. i too had side effects from fin. I tried alfradiol, the pantosin brand. after about 3 days of application it gave me ED. no ball ache, just difficulty getting erection,  just felt dead down there. it took about a week for it to flush out my system. i would not recommend it as a fin alternative for those sensitive to fin.

i am unsure of the mechanism, but you can google it. 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, mojones said:

What were your oral fin sides?

I had trouble achieving and maintaining an erection, bad insomnia. But, I was also using 1.25 mg daily. In hindsight, I probably could’ve used 0.5mg and maybe I wouldn’t have had any side effects. Everyone’s threshold is different. You have to find what works for you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@12345 Thanks for your insight here; see below for what I was reading.  If it in fact stops conversion into testosterone to begin with, then that likely increases side effects.  As someone on TRT I can say, you can mitigate side effects with lower DHT (sometimes) if you raise your Testosterone. What are you taking now for your protocol?

The drug inhibits the conversion of testosterone to the metabolite dihydrotestosterone (DHT) by suppressing 5α-reductase activity5. In addition, by inhibiting 17β-dehydrogenase, it impedes the conversion process of androstenedione to testosterone, resulting in a reduction in the syntheses of testosterone and DHT6.

5 hours ago, 4chanhue said:

I placed an order on Amazon.de. Also sold on Ebay and by Anagenica.

Sexual sides. With oral 1mg also had brain fog. If you get sides on oral you'll also get it on topical. Topical does go systemic with continued use and very low dose is enough to crash DHT by 70%. There are many posts on hairlosstalk about this. I also tried myself with low dose low frequency topical and eventually got sides.

Just because I got sides doesn't mean you will get them however. Lot of people can handle fin just fine.

Do you happen to have a link on hairlosstalk about this? I can’t seem to search on that forum. Did you try LipoFin from anagenica? And was it 0.1%? I have a liposomal rx for 0.01%

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, mojones said:

Do you happen to have a link on hairlosstalk about this? I can’t seem to search on that forum. Did you try LipoFin from anagenica? And was it 0.1%? I have a liposomal rx for 0.01%

No. Just normal fin titrated down. Don't remember exact concentration, it was a while back.

Removed

There are few other interesting threads. Google and youll find them.

Edited by Melvin- Admin
Removed external link

• 1 month later...

I had erection issues with oral finasteride after one month 1mg. I've been on topical finasteride 0.025% until a week ago, took 5 months this time but same side effects as oral. I will be trying RU58441 now