Finasteride/Dutasteride choice Norwood

Yabala

Hi ! I had questions for Melvin. Would you recommend using finasteride for Norwood 3 and above ? Or would you recommend using dutasteride directly ? Or is it just fine using finasteride ? 

6 hours ago, Yabala said:

Hi ! I had questions for Melvin. Would you recommend using finasteride for Norwood 3 and above ? Or would you recommend using dutasteride directly ? Or is it just fine using finasteride ? 

the answer will always be Xyon Dutasteride

• Thumbs-down 1

3 minutes ago, Yabala said:

Thanks man 

i meant it sarcastically. this site is sponsored by xyon dut, so they push it a lot.

personally i would try oral fin, and see if you can tolerate it without sexual sides. 

if you do not have sexual sides with fin, and  are not progressing, you could try dut and see what happens

but if you want to just go to dut first, i would go orally and see how you react. its going to be much cheaper option than purchasing a subscription to topical xyon dut. 

• Administrators
On 2/27/2024 at 7:40 AM, Yabala said:

I would suggest taking finasteride first, it’s a good start. I would not recommend jumping on dutasteride unless you find that you’re still losing ground on finasteride. The brand is irrelevant. As long as it’s pharmaceutical grade.

19 hours ago, 12345 said:

the answer will always be Xyon Dutasteride

This is NOT true. You’ve been very vocal about being anti-XYON which is fine. But I don’t push Xyon on anyone. I share my results, as anyone is supposed to. Secondly, I have stated on MULTIPLE occasions that oral is superior to topical. Thirdly, you’ve asked me to remove a thread about a problematic company, am I accusing you of pushing them? No. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

25 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I would suggest taking finasteride first, it’s a good start. I would not recommend jumping on dutasteride unless you find that you’re still losing ground on finasteride. The brand is irrelevant. As long as it’s pharmaceutical grade.

This is NOT true. You’ve been very vocal about being anti-XYON which is fine. But I don’t push Xyon on anyone. I share my results, as anyone is supposed to. Secondly, I have stated on MULTIPLE occasions that oral is superior to topical. Thirdly, you’ve asked me to remove a thread about a problematic company, am I accusing you of pushing them? No. 

Thanks for the details Melvin. Just 2 questions to ask you, 1- You were Norwood 6 before starting the battle against hairloss ? 2- Are you using topical dutasteride once a day or twice a day ?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Yabala said:

Thanks for the details Melvin. Just 2 questions to ask you, 1- You were Norwood 6 before starting the battle against hairloss ? 2- Are you using topical dutasteride once a day or twice a day ?

Yes I was a diffuse Norwood 6. I use topical dutasteride 5-6x per week. I also use 5mg of oral minoxidil.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

24 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Yes I was a diffuse Norwood 6. I use topical dutasteride 5-6x per week. I also use 5mg of oral minoxidil.

So you use topical dutasteride once a day 5-6x per week ?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Yabala said:

So you use topical dutasteride once a day 5-6x per week ?

Correct 👍🏼 

View my thread