Dr Pathomvanich - DHTClinic

I am looking for an hair transplant surgeon in Bangkok for this July..
I was in touch with Dr Laorwong for a few months and now when I try to finally book the date with him and is not responding..
I am looking now at Dr Pathomvanich who is one of the most experienced doctors in the world and I wanted to get some experiences from those who had a surgery with him.
There are very few reviews of him here even though is clinic has been around for many many years.
I think most people go with Laorwong because he provides good results with 80 Baht a graft while Dr Pathomvanich charges around 120 Baht.
I personally do not mind to pay the extra if it's worth it as my hair is curly and the extraction is more challenging.

I would like to hear your opinion.
I personally impressed by him when watching this video

Edited by eladnm

25 minutes ago, eladnm said:

I am looking for an hair transplant surgeon in Bangkok for this July..
I was in touch with Dr Laorwong for a few months and now when I try to finally book the date with him and is not responding..
I am looking now at Dr Pathomvanich who is one of the most experienced doctors in the world and I wanted to get some experiences from those who had a surgery with him.
There are very few reviews of him here even though is clinic has been around for many many years.
I think most people go with Laorwong because he provides good results with 80 Baht a graft while Dr Pathomvanich charges around 120 Baht.
I personally do not mind to pay the extra if it's worth it as my hair is curly and the extraction is more challenging.

I would like to hear your opinion.
I personally impressed by him when watching this video

dr Laorwong and dr bonus we’re trained by dr path. Work will be close to same but personally I like dr Laorwong and dr bonus work a bit better. They both do their own extractions . I don’t think Dr path does his own

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

If you can’t get a reply from Dr Laorwong reach out to Dr bonus. She works at the same clinic and just as good 

I have curly hair. is she trained to work with the type of hair? this can be  challenging and I need a well experienced surgeon that will be able to extract with low transection rate and also set the hair properly.

1 hour ago, shiba1985 said:

dr Laorwong and dr bonus we’re trained by dr path. Work will be close to same but personally I like dr Laorwong and dr bonus work a bit better. They both do their own extractions . I don’t think Dr path does his own

who is dr bonus?

6 hours ago, eladnm said:

I have curly hair. is she trained to work with the type of hair? this can be  challenging and I need a well experienced surgeon that will be able to extract with low transection rate and also set the hair properly.

i do not know her personally. you have to ask her directly. she does not seem like the kind of person that would lie to you to get you as a patient. she has many years of experience and her work is one of my favorites. 

curly hair by itself is not what makes the case hard. curly hair with different skin types. In fact some curly hair is the easiest to extract because of skin property that facilitates the extraction process. 

55 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

curly hair by itself is not what makes the case hard. curly hair with different skin types. In fact some curly hair is the easiest to extract because of skin property that facilitates the extraction process. 

The doctor I visited in Turkey stopped in the middle of the extraction and said the hair is c shape and he is not trained for that.. 

56 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

i do not know her personally. you have to ask her directly. she does not seem like the kind of person that would lie to you to get you as a patient. she has many years of experience and her work is one of my favorites. 

Do you think she will be as good as Dr Pathomvanich? The price difference is about 40%..

Edited by eladnm

4 hours ago, eladnm said:

The doctor I visited in Turkey stopped in the middle of the extraction and said the hair is c shape and he is not trained for that.. 

Do you think she will be as good as Dr Pathomvanich? The price difference is about 40%..

Was it pekinner? he uses manual tools. curly hair is difficult with that. That is a blessing. i rather have a doctor stop the surgery no matter how great a loss from plane tickets etc then buthcer the donor area. That is commendable.  

I think she is  better than Dr Pathomvanich personally. 

Edited by shiba1985

2 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

Was it pekinner? he uses manual tools. curly hair is difficult with that. That is a blessing. i rather have a doctor stop the surgery no matter how great a loss from plane tickets etc then buthcer the donor area. That is commendable.  

I think she is  better than Dr Pathomvanich personally. 

It was Dr Gur that is so praised everywhere but too me is underskilled

• Moderators

Hair that is C shaped under the skin is very hard to work with. It's hard to get the grafts out intact because of the curl. You can end up with poor growth if too many of the follicle roots have been cut. You usually need to use a larger punch size which can leave larger punch dot scars and you need to space the punches further apart so you and up with a lower graft count.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

6 hours ago, eladnm said:

In your case its better to consider fut and not fue to avoid high transection rate and major difficulties to extract the grafts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjalay said:

In your case its better to consider fut and not fue to avoid high transection rate and major difficulties to extract the grafts.

From what I read, it should not be an issue as an hybrid punch can be used with 0.95mm and keep the transection rate at a low level

44 minutes ago, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

Hair that is C shaped under the skin is very hard to work with. It's hard to get the grafts out intact because of the curl. You can end up with poor growth if too many of the follicle roots have been cut. You usually need to use a larger punch size which can leave larger punch dot scars and you need to space the punches further apart so you and up with a lower graft count.

Correct, but will an fut make a big diffrence in the total graft count? My main concern with fut is the recovery time and the scar it leaves as I cut my hair short. My donor area is average and I need 3000 grafts..what surgeon is most skilled  for my case do you think? 

2 minutes ago, eladnm said:

From what I read, it should not be an issue as an hybrid punch can be used with 0.95mm and keep the transection rate at a low level

Most of the doctors that do curly hair are going to start with fue and if the grafts are not coming well they will inform the patient and then proceed with doing fut. 0,95 mm is a big punch and you get a lot of scarring. The fact is that sometimes with curly hair the direction of the follicle under the skin is actually unpredictable. Imo it doesnt worth it to destroy precious grafts by doing fue is such cases.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

who is dr bonus?

@Dr.Ratchathorn Panchaprate

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.