Crown coverage

I’m approaching 7 months post crown surgery.

I know it takes up to 18 months for full growth, but having taken some pictures today I think I’m officially at the point of believing this surgery will be a success and I’ll achieve the illusion of a full head of hair.

Frankly, when I started this journey 2 years ago, I thought that completely Impossible. I was aiming for a modest improvement. 

It’s not perfect, and I can see areas where it still could do with thickening up. What do you think - would you classify this as a ‘full head of hair’, or at least think that the general public may do?

Before my first surgery:

IMG_0128.jpeg.539745f61fecb7ac4446666d5ea00087.jpeg

today:

IMG_0134.thumb.jpeg.e23ec063da444cc94460569c736f4691.jpegIMG_0130.thumb.jpeg.30ebb901932ce398efdb40114ca28000.jpeg

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

15 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I’m approaching 7 months post crown surgery.

I know it takes up to 18 months for full growth, but having taken some pictures today I think I’m officially at the point of believing this surgery will be a success and I’ll achieve the illusion of a full head of hair.

Frankly, when I started this journey 2 years ago, I thought that completely Impossible. I was aiming for a modest improvement. 

It’s not perfect, and I can see areas where it still could do with thickening up. What do you think - would you classify this as a ‘full head of hair’, or at least think that the general public may do?

Before my first surgery:

IMG_0128.jpeg.539745f61fecb7ac4446666d5ea00087.jpeg

today:

IMG_0134.thumb.jpeg.e23ec063da444cc94460569c736f4691.jpegIMG_0130.thumb.jpeg.30ebb901932ce398efdb40114ca28000.jpeg

This is actually looking pretty good from where you started

• Moderators

This looks very good. Even if you can see a few thin spots when you look at it, nobody in normal situations is coming up to you and examining how much hair you have or don't have in certain spots. I don't know how old you are, but if you're over 35 and only have a small bit of thinning in a few places, nobody is going to look at you like you're bald. They may even think you're lucky to still have so much hair.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.