UK Recommendations

@Lenzman I had a consultation with Dr Miln this week, I have decided to go ahead with him and will document how it goes (Planning on the having the HTP in July).

Dr Miln like a lot of Surgeons is a very busy man (consult was delayed half hour as he was in the middle of surgery) and he is clearly passionate about what he does, we discussed different options and he did fairly thorough assesement into my background and what I want from the HTP. Though I'm one of many patients I was able to get his full attention and he spent quite a bit of time drawing the hairline, I had been previously to wimpole where the surgeon came in for a couple of minutes and very quickly drew a mark on my head as to where they'd be looking to "aim for". I just appreciated the surgeon himself spending a bit of time with me and was an important part of the decision. I was also able to pop my head in and briefly see a procedure being done, though I weren't in there long all of the staff were really nice and provided me with refreshments to make up for the delay.

I'd been following Dr Miln for a while now, though he's less documented on the forums than some of the other top UK Surgeons (Dr Mani/Reddy/Ball) I've heard nothing but good things, he also has a great Instagram account he's quite active on that I'd recommend anyone considering him to check out. I guess what stood out for me was his passion for the work he does and some really great results similar to what I'd be hoping for, his price at Westminster Medical is extremely competitive and he is quite involved in the surgery which for me sealed the deal. I will admit I've not really seen much of Westminster Medical Group so I can't attest for how the whole experience will be afterwards, though I will be honest in how it goes throughout all stages of the process.

If it helps as backround my decision was between Dr Miln and Dr Mani, It's really hard at face value to judge between them as they're both IAHRS members that provide fantastic results in a more modest price range compared to Dr Ball and Dr Reddy. Dr Mani had a more limited number of grafts he'd be willing to perform in a single session (around 2,200) which was a contributing factor in going with Dr Miln.

Hope anyone interested finds this useful.

Edited by hrh93
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, hrh93 said:

@Lenzman I had a consultation with Dr Miln this week, I have decided to go ahead with him and will document how it goes (Planning on the having the HTP in July).

Dr Miln like a lot of Surgeons is a very busy man (consult was delayed half hour as he was in the middle of surgery) and he is clearly passionate about what he does, we discussed different options and he did fairly thorough assesement into my background and what I want from the HTP. Though I'm one of many patients I was able to get his full attention and he spent quite a bit of time drawing the hairline, I had been previously to wimpole where the surgeon came in for a couple of minutes and very quickly drew a mark on my head as to where they'd be looking to "aim for". I just appreciated the surgeon himself spending a bit of time with me and was an important part of the decision. I was also able to pop my head in and briefly see a procedure being done, though I weren't in there long all of the staff were really nice and provided me with refreshments to make up for the delay.

I'd been following Dr Miln for a while now, though he's less documented on the forums than some of the other top UK Surgeons (Dr Mani/Reddy/Ball) I've heard nothing but good things, he also has a great Instagram account he's quite active on that I'd recommend anyone considering him to check out. I guess what stood out for me was his passion for the work he does and some really great results similar to what I'd be hoping for, his price at Westminster Medical is extremely competitive and he is quite involved in the surgery which for me sealed the deal. I will admit I've not really seen much of Westminster Medical Group so I can't attest for how the whole experience will be afterwards, though I will be honest in how it goes throughout all stages of the process.

If it helps as backround my decision was between Dr Miln and Dr Mani, It's really hard at face value to judge between them as they're both IAHRS members that provide fantastic results in a more modest price range compared to Dr Ball and Dr Reddy. Dr Mani had a more limited number of grafts he'd be willing to perform in a single session (around 2,200) which was a contributing factor in going with Dr Miln.

Good luck man, Dr Ted feels like a great option, I've spoken with both him and Dr Mani recently and I got really good vibes from both. I've decided to get back on Fin (stopped in 2022) for six months before going a head with any procedure but will be following your progress 🙌

Where are you based if you don't mind me asking? 

59 minutes ago, hrh93 said:

Great write up thanks. I’m definitely going to book a consultation. I look forward to following your case. Hopefully more members start to post their experiences of Dr Miln on the forums now….
The clinic looks quite grandiose from the videos and photos. I remember visiting a few clinics last year on Harley St and the spaces seemed quite small / rent a room esque... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenzman said:

Great write up thanks. I’m definitely going to book a consultation. I look forward to following your case. Hopefully more members start to post their experiences of Dr Miln on the forums now….
The clinic looks quite grandiose from the videos and photos. I remember visiting a few clinics last year on Harley St and the spaces seemed quite small / rent a room esque... 

I follow his socials closely and he’s also in the process of setting up his own clinic in Wales. I think you’ve made a great choice  . Excited to see your progress 👍🏻

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Good luck man, Dr Ted feels like a great option, I've spoken with both him and Dr Mani recently and I got really good vibes from both. I've decided to get back on Fin (stopped in 2022) for six months before going a head with any procedure but will be following your progress 🙌

Where are you based if you don't mind me asking? 

There was not very much in it to be honest, Mani seems just as down to earth but as said it was purely the fact he doesn't really do anything less than 2200 grafts per session. Though that's not necessarily a bad thing and I know Dr Reddy is similar but  I was really  looking to have this wrapped up in a single long day. For reference I'm at a Norwood 4 with loss in the frontal third and just starting on the crown . From research knew I sorta estimated I'd need around 3000 grafts based on hundreds of cases I'd looked up, Dr Mani's assistant immediately said they would advise me to go with 2200 grafts which is the maximum he does.

Both Wimpole and Mani estimated me around 2000-2500 interestingly enough, and both said that I would definitely need 2 procedures. Dr Miln similarly advised me that for a really dense coverage in his opinion we go with 3,000 and focus on the front third only, explaning that there is a risk of 'shock loss' seeing as my crown has barely started receeding. He also suggested that once I get a few months behind me on Fin and that I plan to start Minoxidil then it would be up to me if i felt like I'd need another procedure, especially if I grew my hair out it could be more unnoticeable.

I'm based in South West London, i'm blessed to have a job where i mostly work from home with occasional travel into London.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenzman said:

Glad it was useful!

Yes I'm still quite surprised with the lack of Miln posts on this forum seeing as he's one of the very few IAHRS members with a solid track record, I'm sure over the next few years we'll see a lot more positive experiences shared as he makes more of a name for himself. Surprisingly enough his consultations are free, whereas Dr Mani, Ball and Reddy all charge a £150 fee for about 30/40 minutes, I can't imagine they'll stay free forever so it's definitely a big positive. I would say I had about half an hour with Dr Miln but was not rushed at all and as said he was quite thorough with me even though I hadn't paid to be there. I did speak with his assistant for 20 minutes beforehand who went over things I already knew but I think that could be because he was running quite late and they didn't want to keep me waiting any longer.

I haven't much experience in person with many clinics, but I would say all on Harley Street have a similar vibe to them. Roomy, high ceiling old fashioned buildings shared with different companies on each floor - I really much prefer this vibe and felt quite comfortable.

All the best with Dr Miln if you do go ahead! Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hrh93 said:

There was not very much in it to be honest, Mani seems just as down to earth but as said it was purely the fact he doesn't really do anything less than 2200 grafts per session. Though that's not necessarily a bad thing and I know Dr Reddy is similar but  I was really  looking to have this wrapped up in a single long day. For reference I'm at a Norwood 4 with loss in the frontal third and just starting on the crown . From research knew I sorta estimated I'd need around 3000 grafts based on hundreds of cases I'd looked up, Dr Mani's assistant immediately said they would advise me to go with 2200 grafts which is the maximum he does.

Both Wimpole and Mani estimated me around 2000-2500 interestingly enough, and both said that I would definitely need 2 procedures. Dr Miln similarly advised me that for a really dense coverage in his opinion we go with 3,000 and focus on the front third only, explaning that there is a risk of 'shock loss' seeing as my crown has barely started receeding. He also suggested that once I get a few months behind me on Fin and that I plan to start Minoxidil then it would be up to me if i felt like I'd need another procedure, especially if I grew my hair out it could be more unnoticeable.

I'm based in South West London, i'm blessed to have a job where i mostly work from home with occasional travel into London.

Interesting the other top surgeons don’t do more than 2200 in a day. I see Dr Miln regularly completes over 3000 a day from his Insta. Some combinations also of FUE & FUT over 5000. The story Westminster Medical Group posted today he does look lightning fast! 

12 minutes ago, Lenzman said:

Interesting the other top surgeons don’t do more than 2200 in a day. I see Dr Miln regularly completes over 3000 a day from his Insta. Some combinations also of FUE & FUT over 5000. The story Westminster Medical Group posted today he does look lightning fast! 

From what I was told, DR Mani's maximum quote per day is 2200 and if he goes over that when he counts the total grafts then it's not charged. That explains why I sometimes see his insta stories performing 2400-2500. Though that is definitely what I was told by his assistant Russ I'm well aware everything in this world is negotiable if you have the money, so chances are it's not a hard limit.

Dr Miln told me he can go through "About 3,500 session/day", I think this does make sense as with other clinics (such as Wimpole) I've been told the surgeon just does the anaesthetic and they can rotate technicians to churn through the procedure quicker. I guess the premium for some of these top  UK doctors is because you're also paying more for their personal involvement and time.

Edited by hrh93
  • Like 1

It would be great to see patient journeys for Dr Ted Miln on the forum. He’s doing good work and using the WAW FUE system. There’s videos of him explaining on Westminster Medical YouTube. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 9:03 PM, hrh93 said:

From what I was told, DR Mani's maximum quote per day is 2200 and if he goes over that when he counts the total grafts then it's not charged. That explains why I sometimes see his insta stories performing 2400-2500. Though that is definitely what I was told by his assistant Russ I'm well aware everything in this world is negotiable if you have the money, so chances are it's not a hard limit.

Dr Miln told me he can go through "About 3,500 session/day", I think this does make sense as with other clinics (such as Wimpole) I've been told the surgeon just does the anaesthetic and they can rotate technicians to churn through the procedure quicker. I guess the premium for some of these top  UK doctors is because you're also paying more for their personal involvement and time.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. So far I’ve narrowed down to Reddy, Miln and Mittal in London and plan to go and see them all next month. I looked at Wimpole though it seems a bit sales based…

I've only recently in the last couple of months decided to start considering treatments and possibly a transplant procedure for my continued hair loss. Having now spent a great deal of time browsing the Internet, YouTube and these forums my knowledge has grown very quickly and I only wish I'd started this journey sooner and not procrastinated about it for so long !!

Quite early on I decided that whilst I didn't want to spend mega money on a procedure, I also wasn't prepared to go abroad as from my research appears to be an absolute minefield to navigate and the results are frankly pot luck. Not the sort of situation I want to put myself in when my health, remaining hair and finances are being put on the line.

Why have I taken the plunge, finally signed up to the forum and replied to this thread specifically ? Well, pretty early on whilst naively searching the Internet for UK clinics I came across HQ in Cardiff which is only a couple of hours from me and their website contained some pretty enlightening information. I didn't feel as though I was in a position to book a consultation at that stage beacuse of my own ignorance but continued to carry out some due diligence in anticipation. Their reviews were pretty consistent; nothing but high praise for the work, attention to detail and after care from "Dr Ted". A little more research showed that Ted was actually in the process of leaving HQ to start up his own clinic in South Wales so I decided to get in touch and arrange a consultation. 

I've now had two 30 minutes consultations with Ted and we've exchanged several messages over time (there was no time limit or window but rather each discussion just naturally came to a conclusion at around the 30 min mark). Nothing is too much bother and he's always keen to impress that I can get in touch at any time and if necessary we can arrange further calls when convenient for us both. My only surprise has been that such a highly qualified and experienced doctor is willing to give his time and advice at no cost - I think that just speaks to the genuine care that is provided rather than some which appear to be a quick sales pitch which reeks of a cash grab and leaves you feeling uncomfortable. I've seen a lot of his social media posts and combined with my learnings online, and now first hand experiences have come to the conclusion that his work is of excellent quality (appreciate/accept that surgeons tend to post their best and most successful results). I haven't spoken with any other HT surgeons in the UK but such is my experience so far that I have now booked and paid a deposit for a procedure at his new clinic later this year.

Having spoken at length with Ted I'm feeling quite confident in his ability to undertake the procedure and ensure I'm sporting a comfortable head of hair for many years to come. Back to the question above; as many have pointed out here, there seem to he relatively few posts relating to 'Dr Ted' so I'll be happy to document my experience and post an honest review with all the details of my history, the procedure etc so watch this space 🙂

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WSR9351 said:

I've only recently in the last couple of months decided to start considering treatments and possibly a transplant procedure for my continued hair loss. Having now spent a great deal of time browsing the Internet, YouTube and these forums my knowledge has grown very quickly and I only wish I'd started this journey sooner and not procrastinated about it for so long !!

Quite early on I decided that whilst I didn't want to spend mega money on a procedure, I also wasn't prepared to go abroad as from my research appears to be an absolute minefield to navigate and the results are frankly pot luck. Not the sort of situation I want to put myself in when my health, remaining hair and finances are being put on the line.

Why have I taken the plunge, finally signed up to the forum and replied to this thread specifically ? Well, pretty early on whilst naively searching the Internet for UK clinics I came across HQ in Cardiff which is only a couple of hours from me and their website contained some pretty enlightening information. I didn't feel as though I was in a position to book a consultation at that stage beacuse of my own ignorance but continued to carry out some due diligence in anticipation. Their reviews were pretty consistent; nothing but high praise for the work, attention to detail and after care from "Dr Ted". A little more research showed that Ted was actually in the process of leaving HQ to start up his own clinic in South Wales so I decided to get in touch and arrange a consultation. 

I've now had two 30 minutes consultations with Ted and we've exchanged several messages over time (there was no time limit or window but rather each discussion just naturally came to a conclusion at around the 30 min mark). Nothing is too much bother and he's always keen to impress that I can get in touch at any time and if necessary we can arrange further calls when convenient for us both. My only surprise has been that such a highly qualified and experienced doctor is willing to give his time and advice at no cost - I think that just speaks to the genuine care that is provided rather than some which appear to be a quick sales pitch which reeks of a cash grab and leaves you feeling uncomfortable. I've seen a lot of his social media posts and combined with my learnings online, and now first hand experiences have come to the conclusion that his work is of excellent quality (appreciate/accept that surgeons tend to post their best and most successful results). I haven't spoken with any other HT surgeons in the UK but such is my experience so far that I have now booked and paid a deposit for a procedure at his new clinic later this year.

Having spoken at length with Ted I'm feeling quite confident in his ability to undertake the procedure and ensure I'm sporting a comfortable head of hair for many years to come. Back to the question above; as many have pointed out here, there seem to he relatively few posts relating to 'Dr Ted' so I'll be happy to document my experience and post an honest review with all the details of my history, the procedure etc so watch this space 🙂

How much did he quote you and for how many grafts?

4 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Don't choose your clinic based on geography. That is a recipe for disaster. It will be cheaper and better on the Continent!

To be fair the one surgeon on the continent that I consulted with was probably up there with the worst consultation experiences I had, and he was meant to be one do the best!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 7:41 AM, Phillis_x said:

To be fair the one surgeon on the continent that I consulted with was probably up there with the worst consultation experiences I had, and he was meant to be one do the best!

Who did you book in with in the end?