Appointment set with Dr. Keser but he will not work on the crown

Hello all!

I am looking for a bit of guidance regarding my upcoming surgery with Dr. Keser. I have an appointment set with Dr. Keser in late May and have been going back and forth with his translator via WhatsApp. The translator stated the procedure will most likely be between 2000 and 2500 graphs. He also sends me a photo with the potential area for transplants highlighted but it seems that the crown is not highlighted. I asked the translator and he stated that Dr. Keser won’t touch the crown area due to it still thinning. Translator stated Dr. Keser believes since it’s still thinning, there is a potential to damage the current hair with a transplant so he will not touch it. Anyone have success with Dr. Keser with a similar issue that could weigh in on this? I was looking to get the crown area touched up as well with the same surgery but now I’m thinking of reconsidering another Dr for the procedure. Any information would be highly appreciated!

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

Those are typical graft numbers for Dr Keser, he's very good but also extremely careful when it comes to the cases and patients he takes on. I have always liked his work, but it's generally around the 2k worth of grafts. 

A option for you would of course be to also consult with other Drs. Or as another idea you could go ahead with you're planned HT and then if you're still not happy with the crown then you could get another at a later date. 

Hts are very rarely one and done, you could plan you're journey in 2 stages. Just a thought though, you may be keen to hit both areas in 1. 

• Like 2

Dr Keser has told you the truth. If crown doesnt have enough balding area, then there is increased chance of shock loss. So its not the right time to do the crown. If you do it you might end up worse in crown...finasteride would help your crown. So i would stick with Dr Keser's plan.

• Like 4

If it's thin enough a surgeon can go deep til the crown without hurting native hairs with bigger session, but we need more photos including the donor for estimation

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

As @Gatsbysaid, Finasteride and Minoxidil can help a lot to the crown, helped my crown significantly 

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@Doron Harati @Gatsby @Ajamilo I am currently taking oral minoxidil 5mg as well as finasteride 1mg daily for the last 10 months. I noticed it has stopped the hair loss but not much regrowth at the moment. I read that it can take up to two years for finasteride to show full results so I am playing the waiting game. As far as pics, here’s some shots of the crown + the donor areas!

IMG_3636.jpeg

IMG_3627.jpeg

IMG_3468.jpeg

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_3419.jpeg

Edited by FreeTrialOnly

Yup I agree, crown is too early to have a procedure now.

• Like 1

You're crown is good for now, with you're med regime already in place then it should stay that way too. Dr Keser was right to not include it in you're upcoming planned hair transplant. 

• Like 2