What Gym Protein do you guys use?

1 minute ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Absolutely true. However, it's my belief. It's the belief of some hair surgeons. 

You definitely say it's not the case. How did you reach that conclusion?

I have never seen anyone supporting this opinion with facts and proper research, only with superficial explanations like the one you gave, which is completely fine for you to believe it but not good enough for me to base my opinion on, the only thing that supports the correlation between creatine and hairloss is an outdaded research paper from 15 years ago.

4 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Absolutely true. However, it's my belief. It's the belief of some hair surgeons. 

You definitely say it's not the case. How did you reach that conclusion?

It is a very simple sillogism (hope the spelling is correct): Considering that the only research on the correlation between creatine and dht says that creatine increases dht, and considering that dht increases hair loss, it is probable that creatine increases hair loss.

so,  if everything else stayed the same and you noticed hair loss when you supplemented creatine, likely creatine exacerbated your hair loss.

quite and simple 

12 minutes ago, BaldV said:

I have never seen anyone supporting this opinion with facts and proper research, only with superficial explanations like the one you gave, which is completely fine for you to believe it but not good enough for me to base my opinion on, the only thing that supports the correlation between creatine and hairloss is an outdaded research paper from 15 years ago.

“I have zero research to support what I say but the research that support your statement is old”.

A single study is not enough to say to prove something at 100%.

btw you have zero study to support your theory.

Quite funny you say that the study is old.

Does a research have an expiration date?

Edited by duchaine

34 minutes ago, duchaine said:

“I have zero research to support what I say but the research that support your statement is old”.

A single study is not enough to say to prove something at 100%.

btw you have zero study to support your theory.

Quite funny you say that the study is old.

Does a research have an expiration date?

You seem really triggered in this post

Did creatine make you lose your hair bro?

Edited by Melvin- Admin
Removed words

Another one might think that even gym can accelerate hair loss since it increases your testosterone when you lift weights. So what would you do ? Would you stop gym?
A man needs testosterone to be healthy and have a normal sexual life. With low testosterone you will feel sick and impotent  

10 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

Another one might think that even gym can accelerate hair loss since it increases your testosterone when you lift weights. So what would you do ? Would you stop gym?
A man needs testosterone to be healthy and have a normal sexual life. With low testosterone you will feel sick and impotent  

But we are discussing the impact of creatine on DHT (not free testosterone - that wasnt seen to change in the old study).

You're right though, more gym, increased testosterone, increased DHT.

Given my belief and anecdotal evidence, I don't think taking creatine gives enough benefits compared to the risk.

However, i would rather have long-term fitness and health than hair so I use the gym, despite it increasing testosterone.

51 minutes ago, BaldV said:

That's absolutely sensible - you see no evidence, so choose to believe there isn't a link between creatine and hair loss.

As far as I can see, there has  not been a study to assess the impact to taking it on hair (the 2009 South African study didn't set out to do that).

It's a risk/reward assessment, and you choose the benefits are greater than the risks.

You are obviously welcome to share your belief, but it's exactly that - there is little proof either way and certainly not enough to make a definitive statement.

• Administrators

Come on guys, you should be able to disagree without name calling. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I can tell for sure, that hairloss studies have low budget. There is so much to find out

Hypothesis that creatine + gym increases testosterone and it leads to increased level of DHT seems logical. 

Taking creatine without training, i don't think it would change hormones level so much. But all of this should be studied. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1