Any great FUE results coming from Dr Rahal lately?

Hi all..

Any great results coming out of Dr Rahals clinic lately?  they seem harder to find. 

I went to Dr Rahal in 2012 and found him a genuine great guy, the clinic superb and the result fabulous.  I went through a thin out/shed in early months post op which I suspect were reactions to another separate treatment.  However, not all but a great deal of the hair grew back and I’ve had over a decade of genuinely life changing excellent hair, all thanks to Dr Rahal.  I’m very social and a partner in several cocktail bars so appearance remains as important as ever despite being 50.  Over time, periods of no meds, and due to a little stress at times, I have thinned in both recipient and native so require a touch up to my frontal zone.  I have consulted with Rahals team and 1000-1300 grafts was recommended.   I’m on my last couple thousand available donor grafts so have to choose wisely 😬.   I’d be interested to see more good recent results and sincerely hope that the clinic is still up there with the best in the world? 

I’ve attached some photographs of the hair I’ve enjoyed through the years since my op with Dr Rahal. 

IMG_4958.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

IMG_4960.jpeg

Edited by HookHairs
wording

• Moderators

Dr Rahal regularly posts here. I'm linking a few of his recent cases below. It looks like he is still doing great work. If you had a great experience with him and his staff in the past then you should certainly consider going there again. I imagine they would still have all the info on your original case which helps to know what hair was transplanted and what is still native hair. I have no affiliation with them personally.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 hours ago, HookHairs said:

Any great results coming out of Dr Rahals clinic lately?

I'm ~6 months post-op after a 3,000-graft FUE procedure with Dr. Rahal and I'm very happy with my result at this point. I know there is more to come, but I stopped checking for new growth over a month ago. I feel as though I got exactly what I was expecting, if not more.

3 hours ago, HookHairs said:

[great results] seem harder to find and a few disappointments. 

I wondered about this a lot before scheduling my procedure.

In my opinion, Dr. Rahal is simply underrated on this forum. Like many other highly-skilled surgeons, he just doesn't have the enthusiastic following that a select few surgeons do. This means he isn't recommended quite as often as I'd personally expect, at least not on this forum. I have to assume that most of his patients come from places other than HRN, and so we don't hear about them here as often. This can also give the sense that a higher percentage of his cases are "disappointments", since unhappy patients are more likely to discover this forum while searching for feedback about their concerns, compared to happy patients (again, amongst those who did not discover Dr. Rahal through the forum to begin with).

That's my theory, at least. :)

I don't currently plan to share my full experience or photos publicly on this forum, but if you have any questions or would like to see my progress so far, feel free to message me in private.

3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Dr Rahal regularly posts here.

Note that it's not Dr. Rahal himself, but a representative, who posts here.

• Like 1

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, gaz9318054 said:

I'm ~6 months post-op after a 3,000-graft FUE procedure with Dr. Rahal and I'm very happy with my result at this point. I know there is more to come, but I stopped checking for new growth over a month ago. I feel as though I got exactly what I was expecting, if not more.

I wondered about this a lot before scheduling my procedure.

In my opinion, Dr. Rahal is simply underrated on this forum. Like many other highly-skilled surgeons, he just doesn't have the enthusiastic following that a select few surgeons do. This means he isn't recommended quite as often as I'd personally expect, at least not on this forum. I have to assume that most of his patients come from places other than HRN, and so we don't hear about them here as often. This can also give the sense that a higher percentage of his cases are "disappointments", since unhappy patients are more likely to discover this forum while searching for feedback about their concerns, compared to happy patients (again, amongst those who did not discover Dr. Rahal through the forum to begin with).

That's my theory, at least. :)

I don't currently plan to share my full experience or photos publicly on this forum, but if you have any questions or would like to see my progress so far, feel free to message me in private.

Note that it's not Dr. Rahal himself, but a representative, who posts here.

I don’t think that Dr. Rahal is underrated on the forum but he’s not talked about as much as he used to be. About 10 years ago (and before) there were many patient posted cases here and then they slowly stopped posting. Rahal is still recommended by the forum and I wish there were more patient posted cases. Most of the cases posted were absolutely amazing!

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

I also wanted to add that if you use the search tool you’ll find plenty of Clinic posted results and Patient results scattered throughout. There’s still a wealth of information there.

@HookHairs,

Thanks for posting and asking about Dr. Rahal.  Yes, I can assure you that Dr. Rahal is regularly producing outstanding results.  I personally try to post one example each week...in fact, i will be presenting another one today.  

I've been working formally with Dr. Rahal for just over 3 years now and before that, over the last 15 years of being in the hair restoration profession.  Dr. Rahal has always impressed me and his nickname "King of Hairlines" is well deserved, in my opinion.

That said, I'm always pleased to see one of his patients posting on the forum.  I'm glad you are happy with your results.  

You said you recently underwent a consultation?  When was it?  I may have spoken with you.

Feel free to send me a private message if you wish.

In the meantime, I'll post a few URLs of several of the recent results we presented over the last several months here for you.  Also, stay tuned for another one today :-).

Best wishes,

Patient Advocate - Rahal Hair Transplant

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

@gaz9318054,

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the progress of your procedure so far :-).  Have you presented any photos of your progress?  I'd love to see them!

Feel free to send me a private message, if you wish.

I look forward to seeing your progress and results :-).

Best wishes,

Patient Advocate - Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Here are a few links to some of our recently posted results.

The above are just a few of the most recent ones.  If you use the search feature, you'll definitely find a lot more :-).

I'm not sure if the below "results" URL is static or dynamic...but in case it's static, I've done the search for you and provided the results.  Now, these are most likely only the results we've presented as I only did the search using this forum category. So hopefully it works :-).

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/search/?&q=Rahal&type=forums_topic&nodes=17&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles

Rahal Hair Transplant