Recommendations for HT in Istanbul, Turkey

Hi All, I have booked a trip to Turkey in April 2024 (I'm from Australia) for a HT. I know a couple of people that have gone and have had good results. I have been researching different clinics for almost 2yrs now and I must say, I have become overwhelmed by all the options available and reviews, so I'm now conflicted with where I should go.

I have reached out the following clinics for FUE quotes

• Now Hair Time  US$3,000 (friend went here)
  • Dr Resul Yman TBA
  • Opal Clinic US$1500
  • Dr Bicer TBA
  • HLC TBA
  • FueCapilar TBA
  • Star Hair Transplant $2000euro (friend went here)
  • Armed Hair Transplant Centre $3600euro
  • Hair of Istanbul US$4900
  • Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic $2700euro
  • EHT Clinic $1800euro (friend went here)

I have been quoted $15-$20k in Australia.

I know there are a couple of Hairmills on the list. Is there any other clinic/Dr's not on the list above that I should reach out to?

Thanks you in advance for your help.

• Like 1

In turkey fuecapilar, dr bicer, dr pekiner and dr keser are actually the only good options you have. All the other clinics youre mentioning are hairmills, avoid them. If you live in australia you can also look at dr laorwong and dr pathomvanich in thailand. They are affordable and in my opinion better that the options that you have in turkey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs-down 1

In Turkey you could consider various good options depending on your budget such as: Dr Gur, Dr turan, Dr Yaman, Dr Demirsoy, Dr Bekir, Dr Bicer, Dr Keser, HLC, Dr Pekiner. All the options i mentioned do have the doctor involvement in all of their hair transplants.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5hane5hane said:

Hi All, I have booked a trip to Turkey in April 2024 (I'm from Australia) for a HT. I know a couple of people that have gone and have had good results. I have been researching different clinics for almost 2yrs now and I must say, I have become overwhelmed by all the options available and reviews, so I'm now conflicted with where I should go.

• Dr Resul Yman TBA
  • Opal Clinic US$1500
  • Dr Bicer TBA
  • HLC TBA
  • FueCapilar TBA

I know there are a couple of Hairmills on the list. Is there any other clinic/Dr's not on the list above that I should reach out to?

I've seen some fantastic results from Dr. Bicer.

• Valued Contributor

You have better options than 90% of that list in India & Thailand at comparable price points and, I assume, cheaper flights/more convenient travel for you. 

There are zero good options in Australia though. 

Also… have you booked flights *before* settling on a clinic? That seems an odd approach and unless you’ve already secured tentative dates with the clinics you’ve been in contact with, you run the risk of them not being able to book you in on your dates of travel. You absolutely don’t want to compromise- always best to pick your clinic, get dates booked, then sort your travel. 

Could you get a refund on the flights? Or could you accept just having a holiday in Turkey and getting your HT elsewhere another time? These are all things to consider. 

Edited by Berba11

On 1/29/2024 at 1:48 PM, Eli_Avdikian said:

In Turkey, the only good surgeons to consider are Pekiner and Kesser. If you live in Australia, you might want to consider Dr. Laorwong in Thailand

The problem with Pekiner is he runs his clinic like a side hustle. He hardly works! It's very difficult getting a consultation with him! And I haven't seen results from him above Norwood 3. Also on two occasions reviewed here, he has stopped mid-surgery and told the patient "Sorry you are not a suitable candidate!" after having a consultation and after taking out several hundred grafts! Stop with this Pekiner...Pekiner...Pekiner! The guy is not serious! 

5 hours ago, KSA91 said:

The problem with Pekiner is he runs his clinic like a side hustle. He hardly works! It's very difficult getting a consultation with him! And I haven't seen results from him above Norwood 3. Also on two occasions reviewed here, he has stopped mid-surgery and told the patient "Sorry you are not a suitable candidate!" after having a consultation and after taking out several hundred grafts! Stop with this Pekiner...Pekiner...Pekiner! The guy is not serious! 

What you said is true. Pekiner does seem to cherry pick his patientsn and it happened that many years back he stopped mi-surgery. I wasn't saying he is absolutely the best out there. All I was saying is that he's one of the few to consider in Turkey.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KSA91 said:

He stopped the surgery because the patient had a lot of miniaturized follicles and in this case this is what an ethical doctor should do. Pekiner only does one patient per day and he is focusing on quality not quantity, and this is why he is booked for more that a year ahead. If you go to one of the hairmills on turkey you will get your termine in two months and telephons via whattsup with the "consultant" anytime you want. But the result is going to be dissapointing.

3 hours ago, jjalay said:

He stopped the surgery because the patient had a lot of miniaturized follicles and in this case this is what an ethical doctor should do. Pekiner only does one patient per day and he is focusing on quality not quantity, and this is why he is booked for more that a year ahead. If you go to one of the hairmills on turkey you will get your termine in two months and telephons via whattsup with the "consultant" anytime you want. But the result is going to be dissapointing.

Didn't he know/see the miniaturized hair follicles during the consultation/planning? lol. He doesn't do one patient every day. It's more like one patient every 3 months. Like I said he runs it like a side hustle...When he wants some extra cash, he'll answer emails (I'm still waiting for an email I sent out mid-October) to work on 2 patients for the next 6 months and best be sure they won't be higher than NW2/3. I'm not saying he's a bad doctor, you can work with him if you want to. I just sense that with his slow correspondence and lack of zeal in running the clinic effectively, there's no point in chasing after him or advising patients with high Norwood to go for Pekiner (since he's likely to reject you as a patient). He's mentioned so often, I wonder to myself wait until these guys actually realise the guy is not serious when they contact him!

6 minutes ago, KSA91 said:

Didn't he know/see the miniaturized hair follicles during the consultation/planning? lol. He doesn't do one patient every day. It's more like one patient every 3 months. Like I said he runs it like a side hustle...When he wants some extra cash, he'll answer emails (I'm still waiting for an email I sent out mid-October) to work on 2 patients for the next 6 months and best be sure they won't be higher than NW2/3. I'm not saying he's a bad doctor, you can work with him if you want to. I just sense that with his slow correspondence and lack of zeal in running the clinic effectively, there's no point in chasing after him or advising patients with high Norwood to go for Pekiner (since he's likely to reject you as a patient). He's mentioned so often, I wonder to myself wait until these guys actually realise the guy is not serious when they contact him!

If the patient had no in person consultation this is something that you really cannot see. I have seen the direct opposite in turkey where patient had surgery even they had a lot of miniaturisation and this has resulted to poor growth and wasted grafts. This is not something you want.

He operates one patient every day, if you meet him in person you will see that he is very serious at what he is doing and focuses on patient results on the long run, not money.

The same communication problem that you have with pekiner you might also get with other doctors that are booked for 1 year ahed. This is because they have no openings for a large period of time and taking new cases is not the mane object of their work.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2024 at 3:11 PM, 5hane5hane said:

• Dr Resul Yman TBA
  • Opal Clinic US$1500
  • Dr Bicer TBA
  • HLC TBA
  • FueCapilar TBA

Update: I ended up reaching out to three Dr’s in Thailand, two of them mentioned here and Dr “Patty”. I have chosen to proceed with Dr Patty. I had my first virtual consultation with her on Friday last week and surgery is booked in for late April.

I will start a seperate post on my journey in April. Thanks all for your guidance.

• Like 1