Which hair system should I go for?

Vaibhav27

I have frontal hairloss and crown hairloss. Should I go for two systems: one for frontal receding hairline and one for crown? Or let go of my top of my head hair and get a full system? Thanks. IMG20240124111906.thumb.jpg.b5de0880ca385065aae07b95e2a66e60.jpg

IMG20240121102955.jpg

2 hours ago, Vaibhav27 said:

I have frontal hairloss and crown hairloss. Should I go for two systems: one for frontal receding hairline and one for crown? Or let go of my top of my head hair and get a full system? Thanks. IMG20240124111906.thumb.jpg.b5de0880ca385065aae07b95e2a66e60.jpg

IMG20240121102955.jpg

I think in your case, you can for a single procedure addressing frontal portion and crown

• Moderators

Are you on meds? You still have some hair in the crown so finasteride and minoxidil may improve the crown enough to not worry too much about it and concentrate on the front. If that happens you'd probably be better off looking into a hair transplant rather than a hair system.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

15 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Are you on meds? You still have some hair in the crown so finasteride and minoxidil may improve the crown enough to not worry too much about it and concentrate on the front. If that happens you'd probably be better off looking into a hair transplant rather than a hair system.

Thank you. Yes i am on meds. Started couple of months back only. 0.5mg fin and 1ml topical minoxidil. Crown has filled in slightly within a couple of months. I think i will go for hair transplant for front only then. 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, SeanToman said:

I agree with above, I think a transplant suits your situation much better.

Then he needs crap loads of money, no guarentee it will produce the result he wants, wont stop his future loss so will need meds, no guarentee they will work, also could have side effects.

he would know about transplants, he's asking about hair pieces.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ssimpson7511 said:

Then he needs crap loads of money, no guarentee it will produce the result he wants, wont stop his future loss so will need meds, no guarentee they will work, also could have side effects.

he would know about transplants, he's asking about hair pieces.

Hair systems cost more than hair transplants over a time period, they require much more maintenance also. 
I think with where he's at with  hair loss, a transplant could suit his needs better.  Just my opinion though, he doesn't need to follow through with such an idea.

Edited by SeanToman

I have tried pulling off the idea of HT but when the date comes nearby, i feel scared as in what if they over harvest my donor, what if I develop an infection, what if hairline is pluggy....even Eugenix is giving bad results nowadays. So I am not sure what to do. Meds are so slow with growth and might not bring back my hairline. 

With systems, its easy to take it off if I dont like. However, if I like and keep wearing them, i feel that the glue might mess up with my native hair and hair loss will speed up. 

Sorry, still in two minds but definitely gotta do something for this norwood 3V hair loss. 

39 minutes ago, SeanToman said:

Hair systems cost more than hair transplants over a time period, they require much more maintenance also. 
I think with where he's at with  hair loss, a transplant could suit his needs better.  Just my opinion though, he doesn't need to follow through with such an idea.

Depends, mine cost around $250 and lasts a year so whats the average HT cost $7-8000 at least if you go to a top doc.  Plus thats if you only need one transplant most will need more. Plus if you dont like your hair piece then so what no damage done, transplants are surgery.

I'm not suggesting he should never have a transplant.  But hes on here asking about hair ieices.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Vaibhav27 said:

I have tried pulling off the idea of HT but when the date comes nearby, i feel scared as in what if they over harvest my donor, what if I develop an infection, what if hairline is pluggy....even Eugenix is giving bad results nowadays. So I am not sure what to do. Meds are so slow with growth and might not bring back my hairline. 

With systems, its easy to take it off if I dont like. However, if I like and keep wearing them, i feel that the glue might mess up with my native hair and hair loss will speed up. 

Sorry, still in two minds but definitely gotta do something for this norwood 3V hair loss. 

You need to do a tonne of research if you go down the HT route.  Study the forums, meet with doctors and their patients.  Nothing is guarenteed no decent doctor will tell you it is, its surgery after all.

The easiest thing to do is wear a hair piece that fills in your recession, no shaving needed and if you dont like it you've lost nothing except a couple hundred dollars.  There are options.

Edited by ssimpson7511
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ssimpson7511 said:

Depends, mine cost around $250 and lasts a year so whats the average HT cost $7-8000 at least if you go to a top doc.  Plus thats if you only need one transplant most will need more. Plus if you dont like your hair piece then so what no damage done, transplants are surgery.

I'm not suggesting he should never have a transplant.  But hes on here asking about hair ieices.

I've seen a cool hybrid concept in the past.  A hair transplant for the "hairline", then a hair system for the rest of the head.
This allows some cool hairstyles with exposed hairline that wouldn't of been achievable with just a hair system (due to the unnatural hairline it usually has).

15 hours ago, SeanToman said:

I've seen a cool hybrid concept in the past.  A hair transplant for the "hairline", then a hair system for the rest of the head.
This allows some cool hairstyles with exposed hairline that wouldn't of been achievable with just a hair system (due to the unnatural hairline it usually has).

Yes thats an option, depends if you want to go through all that surgery and expense and still wear a hair piece.

I've seen many people wear hair pieces that completely expose the hairline and it looks amazing but others that get it wrong.

If i was vaibhav27 I would start with med's, minox and fin.  Stabilize his loss.  Then I would use 2 small recession pieces (you could cut these out of a larger piece and get many pieces which would reduce cost).  This is pretty common practice and is easy to achieve.

This will slow down your loss which would mean if you then decide you want a HT you mave less hairloss to cover - reducing cost, and hopefully maintaining the donor area.  

The only downside to this is when you have the HT in those recession areas you wont be able to wear your hair piece as the grafts grow.

• Thanks 1