Dr Gokhan Gur Vs Dr Resul Yaman

Hellow fellow hair loss conquerors, 

I am planning going to Turkey by end of June and looking for surgons in the £3-4000 range.

I have narrowed down my search to three surgens:

Dr Resul Yaman:
I got a quote from Dr Yaman for $3250 (2500 GBP) for DHI. He would do the opening, and then the extraction and implantion would be done by surgons. Now I have seen a few bad results or when the donor area was over harvested on Reddit but there you never know if it is just a paid agent trying to make them look bad. Dr Yaman often posts pictures with himself and his clients with good results. He offered to cover the front area and the crown. 

Dr Gokhan Gur:
He would use FUE technique with about 3000 grafts covering the front area and the mid scalp, leaving the crown area for later for another surgery. He quoted 3800 EUR (3200 GBP) and for that, and would do the channel incisions, and then the extraction and graft placement would be done by his surgons. I have seen some good results from him on this forum. 

Dr Turan: 
He suggested I start using Finasteride and Minoxidil and contact him again in 12 months. All surgens recommonded start using them but they would see no obstacle doing the HT this year which makes me think that Dr Turan maybe more careful which is definetly a good point. 

I am still looking around so any recommendations would be appriciated, if anyone visited any of the doctors or have other suggestions. 

Keep up the good work

David

Dr gur and turan are much better options than yaman. Yaman had many bad results recently with overharvesting the donor and bad growth. Also technisians do a big part of the surgery,avoid him. DO a research in this forum too and you will find many bad results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All three doctors are great ones and you will be in safe hands with them. Dr Yaman is a great surgeon with more patient cases on this forum and the majority of them are great ones. So Dr Yaman would be my first choice then Dr Turan and final Dr Gur. Do your research and you will find a lot of great results and satisfied patients from Dr Yaman.

Edited by BaldGuy

At the standard package Dr Gur does the incisions, plan and design while the rest is done by techs. The same with Dr Yaman.
Dr Turan does implantation himself, while extractions is done by his tech. So by selecting any of these doctors you will have both doctor and tech involvement in the procedure. 

If i was a higher norwood i would select dr Yaman, since i have seen great cases from Dr yaman in higher nowroods in which he gave them great coverage. if i was a lower norwood i would select Dr Turan or Dr gur. 
Another option at similar cost would be Dr Demirsoy who is also a very good surgeon. By selecting any of these surgeons (Gur, Turan, Yaman,Demirsoy) you will be satisfied with your final result. So its up to you.

Edited by Divinehair
  • Thanks 1

Avoid Yaman and go to Fuecapilar - either gur or Turan. 
Those two have the most satisfied results and patient generally get good results with them compared to Yaman that is a hair mill and will destroy your donor and give u bad growth and need for repair. 

go to the Facebook group Hair loss conquer and u will see over 100 cases of real patients that have documented their journey with Fuecapilar 

anyways what is your budget? You have Dr Perkiner that is the best doctor in turkey and good really really good results and have a high standard for him self. More expensive but worth it.

Dr. Bicer is also a good doctor and really ethical. 

HLC is also a alternative but I would have avoid them since is a lot of doctors that are working on you and for their high prices they give average result and sometimes botched jobs too. To risk to go to them so best to avoid them

Edited by Ajamilo
  • Thanks 1

From what I have seen these doctors are at the same level. So just compare their results and see which one you like most. 

I’m also thinking to book with dr yaman because I really like his results and I would feel safe selecting him.
Dr yaman is an ethical surgeon and he participates in all of his hair transplants, he does a few patients per day and most Of his results turn out to be good, while there will always be some not perfect results since there is no guarantee in hair transplants.
I think you could talk with patients of each surgeon to ask about their experience with the oarfish or surgeon.  Good luck ! 

Edited by Napoli

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with Gur. He is far more efficient in getting almost top-notch results using a small number of grafts, saving your donor supply. I would expect Yaman to quote you around 4-4.5 grafts compared to Gur's 3k.

Remember, your donor is finite and cannot be replaced. I am attaching some Gur results that I really find great. I do not recall seeing equivalent results from Yaman in here.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/68763-dr-gokhan-gur-nw4-3220-grafts

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/69065-dr-gur-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-iiiv-3038-grafts/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/64403-2679-grafts-dr-gür-fuecapilar-my-experience/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/69063-dr-gur-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-iii-iiia-2688-grafts

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/69635-dr-gur-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-iiv-diffuse-thinning-in-the-frontal-area-1959-grafts/

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stoner said:

I would go with Gur. He is far more efficient in getting almost top-notch results using a small number of grafts, saving your donor supply. I would expect Yaman to quote you around 4-4.5 grafts compared to Gur's 3k.

Remember, your donor is finite and cannot be replaced. I am attaching some Gur results that I really find great. I do not recall seeing equivalent results from Yaman in here.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/68763-dr-gokhan-gur-nw4-3220-grafts

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/69065-dr-gur-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-iiiv-3038-grafts/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/64403-2679-grafts-dr-gür-fuecapilar-my-experience/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/69063-dr-gur-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-iii-iiia-2688-grafts

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/69635-dr-gur-fuecapilar-clinic-nw-iiv-diffuse-thinning-in-the-frontal-area-1959-grafts/

That is  because his clinic (yaman) is run by technicians that would do 4-5 surgeries daily compare to a real doctors as Dr.Gur

On 1/27/2024 at 1:30 AM, Dave88 said:

Hellow fellow hair loss conquerors, 

I am planning going to Turkey by end of June and looking for surgons in the £3-4000 range.

I have narrowed down my search to three surgens:

Dr Resul Yaman:
I got a quote from Dr Yaman for $3250 (2500 GBP) for DHI. He would do the opening, and then the extraction and implantion would be done by surgons. Now I have seen a few bad results or when the donor area was over harvested on Reddit but there you never know if it is just a paid agent trying to make them look bad. Dr Yaman often posts pictures with himself and his clients with good results. He offered to cover the front area and the crown. 

Dr Gokhan Gur:
He would use FUE technique with about 3000 grafts covering the front area and the mid scalp, leaving the crown area for later for another surgery. He quoted 3800 EUR (3200 GBP) and for that, and would do the channel incisions, and then the extraction and graft placement would be done by his surgons. I have seen some good results from him on this forum. 

Dr Turan: 
He suggested I start using Finasteride and Minoxidil and contact him again in 12 months. All surgens recommonded start using them but they would see no obstacle doing the HT this year which makes me think that Dr Turan maybe more careful which is definetly a good point. 

I am still looking around so any recommendations would be appriciated, if anyone visited any of the doctors or have other suggestions. 

Keep up the good work

David

I am locked in for my procedure on 30 May 2024. I considered all my options and have been following all the main surgeons in Turkey for quite some time. In the end, Dr Yaman was by far the most consistent with great results. You will always get failed procedures. Depending on your level of baldness (if you are upwards norwood 4/5, Dr Yaman seems like the best option, in my humble opinion ;p)

31 minutes ago, bdenkha said:

I am locked in for my procedure on 30 May 2024. I considered all my options and have been following all the main surgeons in Turkey for quite some time. In the end, Dr Yaman was by far the most consistent with great results. You will always get failed procedures. Depending on your level of baldness (if you are upwards norwood 4/5, Dr Yaman seems like the best option, in my humble opinion ;p)

Good luck with your procedure with Dr Yaman. I agree with you, Dr Yaman semms to be a very good choice as he many great results to check and he is able to give great coverage in higher norwood patients with just one procedure. What norwood are you?

Edited by Reina

11 hours ago, Stoner said:

Thanks for posting these. Gur is really doing tremendous work. A lot of people say he's very conservative with hairlines (Which is good since you don't want a funny juvenile hairline at 50) but franly these hairlines look perfect to me. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bdenkha said:

Ah, I did not mean to second-guess your decision! If you are confident with Yaman's results then you should go for him.

One of the reasons Yaman may seem better for NW4-5 and higher Nowrwoods is that he often works with a high number of grafts (5-6k), whereas Turan and Gur seem to have a cap of around 3.5-4k grafts per surgery. This is actually a plus for them imo as I believe a 2-surgeries approach is often better.

But, truly you should go with the doctor that makes you feel more confident and whose results appeal more to you.

Best of luck! 

Edited by Stoner

22 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

That is  because his clinic (yaman) is run by technicians that would do 4-5 surgeries daily compare to a real doctors as Dr.Gur

I want to be fair in my assessment of Dr Yaman. These are all great professionals, most of them ethical and I do not wanna come across as dismissive or anything; it is easy to ruin a hard-working man's reputation just by a series of comments here and I think we shall strive to avoid that. 

I am not familiar with the particularities of how Yaman operates, I just had a look at his results, focusing mainly on the comparison with Dr Gur. My impression is that he is doing the incisions himself and that both extractions and implantations are performed by techs; this is similar to what Gur is doing for his standard package I believe. Techs are performing large parts of the surgery even for 1st tier surgeons; I do not take an issue with that to the extent that it is not harmful to the results. Sure, there may be other problems stemming from having different or not-so-competent teams of techs, like poor yield or inconsistent results but what truly bothers us are these results, not the use of techs per se. To say it slightly differently, nobody cares that Couto is using techs to the extent that they produce those spectacular results.

My point is a more limited one and has to do with the fact that Gur uses grafts more efficiently compared to Yaman, my impression is he has better yield and I find his results (far) more aesthetically pleasing. 

On 2/8/2024 at 9:42 AM, Stoner said:

Ah, I did not mean to second-guess your decision! If you are confident with Yaman's results then you should go for him.

One of the reasons Yaman may seem better for NW4-5 and higher Nowrwoods is that he often works with a high number of grafts (5-6k), whereas Turan and Gur seem to have a cap of around 3.5-4k grafts per surgery. This is actually a plus for them imo as I believe a 2-surgeries approach is often better.

But, truly you should go with the doctor that makes you feel more confident and whose results appeal more to you.

Best of luck! 

Not at all man. We can't all have the same views. As you said, due to my level of baldness, I would have to have like 4/5 surgeries before I get full coverage, which is just not practical for me (being in Australia). But, I do appreciate your input, and that is what this forum is all about.

Will do a write up post-HT 

Thanks  :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bdenkha said:

Not at all man. We can't all have the same views. As you said, due to my level of baldness, I would have to have like 4/5 surgeries before I get full coverage, which is just not practical for me (being in Australia). But, I do appreciate your input, and that is what this forum is all about.

Will do a write up post-HT 

Thanks  :)

You are kind, thanks (4-5 might be a bit of stretch, don't be so pessimistic, 3 are usually fine for even the highest cases!)

Again very best of luck!

• Like 1