Using all of your beard hair for HT?

Hey guys, I have done a few consults and also spoken to other people with Norwood 6/7 who have undergone HT. It seems like I would need my entire beard hair (almost all anyway) for near full coverage. I usually don't grow my beard. But, the thought of not having the option to ever grow it again scares me. So darn permanent. 

I would love to hear from anyone here who has done that. Any regrets? 

Thanks,

Z

The odd thing is, for the high Norwood cases we see from Eugenix in India and Dr. Pittella, where they use a lot of beard, there seems to be acceptable residual beard hair left over.  It might not be as bad as you think.

The concern most people dwell on is having the tiny dots on the beard line be present, rather than maxing out what can be used to correct the hair loss up top.  I'd rather have the extra coverage and density than have a full dense beard.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Bronamath123 said:

Dr. Pittella can homogeneously deplete the beard. He took 6,885 grafts from my beard and although my beard is less dense, I can still wear a beard.

Would be great if you could share your journey with a thread, especially as your case sounds quite unique with such a high number of beard grafts. Possibly a HRN record, @Melvin- Admin?

3 hours ago, Bronamath123 said:

Dr. Pittella can homogeneously deplete the beard. He took 6,885 grafts from my beard and although my beard is less dense, I can still wear a beard.

Thanks, brother 🙏

• Moderators

Here are a couple of pictures from a few days after my last procedure. I've had about 3350 beard grafts taken over several sessions and you can see I still have some beard hair left.

ScreenShot2024-01-28at7_13_32AM.png.7e3b80f6f1da67934888239a6c71f6e3.pngScreenShot2024-01-28at7_14_03AM.png.ef46abd2a904d27c08a635ee0a4718eb.png

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Thoro said:

Looks very neat! How many days post-op were those pictures taken?

5 days post op.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.