Starting finasteride

Hi guys going to start finasteride.  What dose should i start off on to avoid side effects?. I am thinking 0.5mg monday, wednesday and friday or should i take 1mg every other day. Totally clueless right now. Please let me know. IMG_1332.thumb.jpeg.4507a0bac42f6a9262e844524b1cc1a9.jpeg This is my hair at the moment. 

IMG_1657.jpeg

IMG_1658.jpeg

4 hours ago, ZahidHussain1992 said:

Hi guys going to start finasteride.  What dose should i start off on to avoid side effects?. I am thinking 0.5mg monday, wednesday and friday or should i take 1mg every other day. Totally clueless right now. Please let me know. IMG_1332.thumb.jpeg.4507a0bac42f6a9262e844524b1cc1a9.jpeg This is my hair at the moment. 

IMG_1657.jpeg

IMG_1658.jpeg

I think you should start with 1 mg of finasteride three times in a week. Give it few weeks. I've been following this protocol since March 2023. Also discussed with my HT surgeon. According to him, even if you're taking 1mg twice or thrice in a week, it would be a better protocol than 0.5mg every alternative day.

• Valued Contributor

I think you should take it as prescribed which is 1mg a day. I think if you are going to get side effects then you can always drop down to micro dosing or going topical. Only a small percentage of people get sides on finasteride. You never hear about the people who don't get side effects because they are able to just get on with their life. All the best.

i think the best thing is to just try it and be on the lookout for sides.  if you can tolerate the sides, continue, if not try a topical. if sides continue, its not for you.