is this normal when starting

I've just started taking Propecia. I feel some pain in my testicles. Is this normal when starting or is there something wrong? Should I stop or continue on? Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do?

Thanks for responding--only in a place like this do people understand how upsetting it is to be going bald. I want it to work so badly and be able to stop the progression. Ive been so afraid of starting on it after reading so many fearful things about the med and finally just did it before losing more and more hair. It seems to be getting worst more rapidly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Electric said:

I've just started taking Propecia. I feel some pain in my testicles. Is this normal when starting or is there something wrong? Should I stop or continue on? Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do?

Yes same happened with me also. But with time it goes away

8 hours ago, Electric said:

You should speak with your doctor or with an urologist to have this checked with ultrasound. There have been some rara cases where hairloss meds have been assosiated with thrombosis on genitals.

• Moderators

How much are you taking? Taking too much can do that. Make sure you're taking the 1mg pill and not the 5mg pill that's used for prostate issues. It's the same drug just different dosage. You can also try taking it every other day for a while.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hey , from experience- DON'T wait a whole year if you notice certain things, like, loss of interest in sex or inability to perform. Some have gotten irreversible issues, luckily after 2 years on it I stopped and after about 3-4 months my libido came back. You hear about the horror stories because they are very real. It does work for hair growth and the sides aren't universal to all. But for me it wasn't worth it, I got a few HT's now and have my own non-pharma regimen I do.