Will Oral Minoxidil Alone stop hair loss in the long term?

I have been using OM 2.5mg per day since Nov 22. 

I have not noticed any more hairloss across my scalp diffuse hairloss.

I am not expectng it to maintain long term since i cannot tolerate DHT inhibition

Any studies or data on long term OM use?

Nope, minoxidil is just a growth stimulant, it just force follicles to grow healthy hair and expand the Anagen phase.

minoxidil doesn’t prevent dht damage!!!!

In the long run you gonna lose.

8 minutes ago, Maorizio said:

Nope, minoxidil is just a growth stimulant, it just force follicles to grow healthy hair and expand the Anagen phase.

minoxidil doesn’t prevent dht damage!!!!

In the long run you gonna lose.

tbh it isnt conclusive how minoxidil works. The extension of anagen phase isnt totally proven

2 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

tbh it isnt conclusive how minoxidil works. The extension of anagen phase isnt totally proven

It doesn’t matter, you can literally hear people saying that minoxidil didn’t helped in the long run.

Meanwhile many success story from 5AR inhibitors.

You can give it a try but don’t count on it.

I think using Minoxidil alone is more delaying the inevitable. Saddly the long term data of Oral Minoxidil is a bit scarce at this point howeaver I have few doubts that in time DHT will take over the hair folicle and the hair will die. The problem is even how long this will take is also an unknown veriable since you can't really predict when will baldness get more or less agressive moreso knowing you aren't inhibiting the evil hormone causing this to happen.

I am taking 0.5 Dutasteride and 5MG of Oral Minoxidil and so far it seems to be getting better.

11 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I think using Minoxidil alone is more delaying the inevitable. Saddly the long term data of Oral Minoxidil is a bit scarce at this point howeaver I have few doubts that in time DHT will take over the hair folicle and the hair will die. The problem is even how long this will take is also an unknown veriable since you can't really predict when will baldness get more or less agressive moreso knowing you aren't inhibiting the evil hormone causing this to happen.

I am taking 0.5 Dutasteride and 5MG of Oral Minoxidil and so far it seems to be getting better.

Minoxidil will never defeat AGA long term oral or topical, maybe it will win the ridiculous weak ones that lose hair slowly and reaching Norwood 2-3 by the age of 40+

If the AGA is pretty much aggressive then you must use 5ARIs and even then who knows.

• Like 1

Just now, Maorizio said:

Minoxidil will never defeat AGA long term oral or topical, maybe it will win the ridiculous weak ones that lose hair slowly and reaching Norwood 2-3 by the age of 40+

If the AGA is pretty much aggressive then you must use 5ARIs and even then who knows.

I'd say even if its not its always better to use them then risk the scenario of getting it worse because some guys can go from norwood 2 to 5 in a matter of 1 or 2 years either their're 30 or 40 its just unpredictable. 

You really need to stop the desease before it gets through, best way of doing it is starting medical therapy and saddly there haven't been any advances for alternatives when it comes to keeping your hair indefinitely.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGreatPretender said:

I'd say even if its not its always better to use them then risk the scenario of getting it worse because some guys can go from norwood 2 to 5 in a matter of 1 or 2 years either their're 30 or 40 its just unpredictable. 

You really need to stop the desease before it gets through, best way of doing it is starting medical therapy and saddly there haven't been any advances for alternatives when it comes to keeping your hair indefinitely.

Yep, the best solution is 5ARIs as of today, without it it’s best to let it go.

• Well Done 1