Repair hair transplant needed

• Administrators

Here’s the bottomline. Its up to you what you’re comfortable with, end of the day this is your head no one else’s. 

Personally, I don’t think removing all the grafts is a good idea. I think the hairline height is appropriate for you based on the pictures you provided. 

Again, you might see someone’s hairline and think that looks good, someone might feel unhappy and vice versa. What are your goals? Once you can answer that, you will know the best way forward. 

This case was a lot worse and done in one session. Only the necessary grafts were removed. Ultimately, I think it looks good to me. But, it all depends on what you would personally feel comfortable with.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Bellingham said:

I’m in the same boat as you and hope to fix my hair in the future. Had mine done back in Turkey of last year and 3100 grafts was extracted. My donor area has signs of over harvesting and my goal is to have some of the hair replanted back to the donor area. If possible. 

YOu should make a thread here about your hairtransplant and ask for opinions.

45 minutes ago, Bellingham said:

@hxris-h the side of my donor area is noticeable under harsh lighting. Feriduni, Bisanga, and Laowrong are my choices for a potential repair. 

Mines dr reddy in uk bisanaga turned me back

8 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Here’s the bottomline. Its up to you what you’re comfortable with, end of the day this is your head no one else’s. 

Personally, I don’t think removing all the grafts is a good idea. I think the hairline height is appropriate for you based on the pictures you provided. 

Again, you might see someone’s hairline and think that looks good, someone might feel unhappy and vice versa. What are your goals? Once you can answer that, you will know the best way forward. 

This case was a lot worse and done in one session. Only the necessary grafts were removed. Ultimately, I think it looks good to me. But, it all depends on what you would personally feel comfortable with.

I don’t really wanna do the graft removal i rather do the camouflaging like u mentioned to me on insta as mine isn’t as bad as some peoples like u said 

• Valued Contributor
21 hours ago, hxris-h said:

Its too straight hairline and low density im on the meds but how long should i wait to get repair the damage is done now so why not get the repair done asap?

I don;t know how long ago you had the hair transplant but you need to wait AT LEAST 12 months so that all the grafts have grown out. The repair doctor needs to know what he is working with. If you have the grafts removed then this will take probably at least two sessions. Also as @Melvin- Admin has said you need to know what your goals are? I was in a very similar situation with plugs all along my hairline by 19. My goal was easier back in the day. I just wanted to get rid of all the plugs.

Just now, Gatsby said:

I don;t know how long ago you had the hair transplant but you need to wait AT LEAST 12 months so that all the grafts have grown out. The repair doctor needs to know what he is working with. If you have the grafts removed then this will take probably at least two sessions. Also as @Melvin- Admin has said you need to know what your goals are? I was in a very similar situation with plugs all along my hairline by 19. My goal was easier back in the day. I just wanted to get rid of all the plugs.

Its been 13 months my goal is to make it natural and softer from the front and make it not look pluggy as it looks pluggy and sparse and happy

• Valued Contributor
Just now, hxris-h said:

Its been 13 months my goal is to make it natural and softer from the front and make it not look pluggy as it looks pluggy and sparse and happy

Then I would still take my time and look at finding a good repair surgeon. Some names have already been mentioned. Do a search on this forum for repair cases like yours and see which doctors performed them. If you are looking at keeping your hair in the future then you will need to stay on medication. Wishing you all the best!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Then I would still take my time and look at finding a good repair surgeon. Some names have already been mentioned. Do a search on this forum for repair cases like yours and see which doctors performed them. If you are looking at keeping your hair in the future then you will need to stay on medication. Wishing you all the best!

Will do , yes I know that i’ll need to stay on the meds to stabilise it

• 1 month later...