Would an in-person consultation with Eugenix be better?

I’ve posted earlier in relation to my condition and have formed the view that Eugenix is my only realistic hope.

I’m very encouraged by cases like @Gatsby but I’m not sure whether I would have that potential donor. I think I’m borderline for any surgery that would provide an acceptable outcome. 

I’ve had a brief online consultation with Eugenix but it wasn’t very detailed. I don’t know how they could make a comprehensive assessment of my particularly challenging circumstances without an in-person evaluation. 

Even though it’s expensive to get to India (I’m in Ireland), I’m thinking that it might still be a good idea to travel for a consultation rather than pay thousands for surgery that may ultimately be for nought. 

Am I nuts? Is this over the top?

in-person consults are always better than webcam. That being said, I think in-person consults are only really worth it in special or complex cases where there is uncertainty if you are a candidate or not. 

If you are a 1st time HT patient with no scalp or donor issues - there is not really a need to travel and spend money on an in-person consult.

While dermatologists are generally clueless about hair transplants, a local dermatologist or trichologist should be able to diagnosis any potential scalp or donor issues if travelling for an in-person consult doesn't make sense.

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 3

• Valued Contributor
13 hours ago, Bamboo said:

I’ve posted earlier in relation to my condition and have formed the view that Eugenix is my only realistic hope.

I’m very encouraged by cases like @Gatsby but I’m not sure whether I would have that potential donor. I think I’m borderline for any surgery that would provide an acceptable outcome. 

I’ve had a brief online consultation with Eugenix but it wasn’t very detailed. I don’t know how they could make a comprehensive assessment of my particularly challenging circumstances without an in-person evaluation. 

Even though it’s expensive to get to India (I’m in Ireland), I’m thinking that it might still be a good idea to travel for a consultation rather than pay thousands for surgery that may ultimately be for nought. 

Am I nuts? Is this over the top?

If it’s borderline then yes, I believe that it would be well worth going for a consultation. Or else be prepared that you may have to say no if you do go for surgery. I’ve documented several times elsewhere that my case was borderline and my scalp and beard donor were not as good as Dr Sethi thought from videos and pictures that I sent to him before surgery. However despite that, I was very lucky that my scalp (and beard) donor really bounced back each time after surgery. I have a lot to be grateful about to what Dr Sethi did for me that other elite surgeons passed up. All the best. 👍

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jjalay said:

They are doing consultations in London sometimes of the year. MAybe this is a better option.

That really would be good if it happens 

• Valued Contributor

When you say that Eugenix are your "only realistic hope", why is that? Have you spoken with Pittella/his team?

My point is that your case looks borderline impossible, so you're going to need proper consultations with more than just one surgeon. You'll also need to choose the premium packages/options at whichever clinic you go with, which will mean big costs. If a couple of trips to India/Brazil for a consultation (and obviously making a bit of a holiday of it as well!) are going to be financially problematic then I'd suggest you don't have the funds for the surgeries themselves even if you were a candidate.

I think a better option for you might be to try and address the scarring that concerns you, so that you can buzz your remaining hair down much tighter without feeling self-conscious of visible scarring.

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

4 hours ago, Berba11 said:

When you say that Eugenix are your "only realistic hope", why is that? Have you spoken with Pittella/his team?

My point is that your case looks borderline impossible, so you're going to need proper consultations with more than just one surgeon. You'll also need to choose the premium packages/options at whichever clinic you go with, which will mean big costs. If a couple of trips to India/Brazil for a consultation (and obviously making a bit of a holiday of it as well!) are going to be financially problematic then I'd suggest you don't have the funds for the surgeries themselves even if you were a candidate.

I think a better option for you might be to try and address the scarring that concerns you, so that you can buzz your remaining hair down much tighter without feeling self-conscious of visible scarring.

It’s not a question of cost. It was more a question of whether traveling so far for an in-person consultation was really necessary. 

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

4 hours ago, Berba11 said:

your case looks borderline impossible

this is harsh, but yes I looked at @Bamboo's initial thread, and @Bamboo I'm not exactly sure what your end-goal is. It seems like a dicey risk for you getting any decent coverage. It seems like a massive investment to at best transform into a NW5 or NW4.

There is certainly no harm in contacting any and all doctors you can. 

But since you have already been wearing a system for 25 years, I think you should just continue with that. With a quarter of a century of system-wearing under your belt - I imagine it is second nature by now and I don't see how a system can faze you at this point. 

If I were you I would continue wearing the system, and if you truly truly cannot bring yourself to wear a system, perhaps its time to face to shave it and end this item for you. 

• Like 1