Surgery 19 Days Before Wedding?

I am considering a surgery date 19 days before a wedding. I am not a groomsman or in the limelight in the wedding, and i don't care about having a buzzed head, but I am wondering if I would still be super obvious in any way that I recently had a HT?

By 19 days I imagine all scabbing will be off, so not too worried about that. But moreso thinking about any redness or other obvious signs of recent surgery? 

If it's helpful, this is a repair surgery. they arent lowering my hairline which i think would be the most obvious sign. The design and shape of everything is fine. What will be done is fixing bad angles within the existing shape. 

At 19 days there is a good chance the shedding phase l, aka the ugly duckling phase hasn’t started yet so it might just look like a crew cut, especially since it is a repair and not, for example, the frontal third. Redness depends on your physiological reaction to surgery.

I attended a wedding 5 weeks post op and was right in the middle of the uggie duckie. Scalp was red and everything shedded. Wear a nice suit😅

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

You could get away with this easily. I remember after @Zoomster’s second surgery he had to go to France for a wedding post op. Nil issues and he looked great. I personally would be thinking of how great your hair will look long after the wedding is over. All the best! 

• Like 2

• Moderators

For a repair and not lowering the hairline you may be able to get away without anyone noticing, but that's really going to depend on how much work is done and how much surrounding hair you have. For a small repair you should be able to hide it easily, but doing a lot of work is going to lead to shock loss and possibly going through the ugly duckling phase.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

8 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I am considering a surgery date 19 days before a wedding. I am not a groomsman or in the limelight in the wedding, and i don't care about having a buzzed head, but I am wondering if I would still be super obvious in any way that I recently had a HT?

By 19 days I imagine all scabbing will be off, so not too worried about that. But moreso thinking about any redness or other obvious signs of recent surgery? 

If it's helpful, this is a repair surgery. they arent lowering my hairline which i think would be the most obvious sign. The design and shape of everything is fine. What will be done is fixing bad angles within the existing shape. 

At 19 days with scabs off you’ll be fine ..dependant on a refined successful procedure of course ..good luck with it .

• 2 weeks later...