Feedback - Slow Growth Hair after 10 months of hair transplant

Turkhair4216

Hi

I wanted to see if I am on track, having slow growth, or a failed/poor hair transplant possibly.  I received my transplant in Turkey in March 2023, so been about 10 months.  I feel like things have been growing very slow in the crown.  Most of my transplant was in the crown.  In total I had 4500 grafts planted between hairline, vertex and crown.   I still see major patches and bald spots in the crown area.  Attached are pictures, I look forward to any feedback or advice.

Some of the 10 month pictures I’m showing you show reasonable coverage at the right angles.  But I also show a bright light picture zoomed in you can see there are big bald spots.  I still have major scalp showing from the crown.   Do you think there are still hairs that will come out?  Is this a close to final look or should I expect more progress from here?

I am using minoxidil, finasteride spray daily.  Also dermatology once a week (have been doing that for the past 6 weeks).

1 month after procedure

IMG_7213.jpeg.dcc4dfc862bfd242768593072f375beb.jpeg

2 months after procedure:

IMG_7214.thumb.jpeg.0d03b5e89d878ba6ae8fdb13f42239d6.jpeg

10 months after procedure

IMG_7215.jpeg.8d25b96ae5b65697f5374838f663d914.jpeg

Close up 10 months after procedure

IMG_7216.thumb.jpeg.2e1c1e88f3100b52ba93d15ed22183d4.jpeg

IMG_7217.thumb.jpeg.b5d3f968e422cea7452fb0629601b00d.jpeg

YOu have to wait 4-6 more months to make a final judgment. Can you post some pictures with the graft placement because 4500 are a lot of grafts, how many were placed in the crown? Where did you had the procedure done? 

• Valued Contributor

To cover this size of an area with 4,500 grafts, I would say this is an excellent result. Transplants are never perfect. You could have a second pass on any weak spots after 12 months providing the donor is up to it. Most importantly of all though your hair looks natural. The mark of a successful hair transplant. 👌

• Valued Contributor

Crown takes more time to show the exact outcome...wait for 3-4 months,you can get a bit more growth plus those existing grafts will mature and will get thicker which will add to the density...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thanks for all the replies.  I had heard the crown takes more time but when I see some videos on YouTube or TikTok everyone seems completely regrown at 10 months, so my result feels discouraging.  It’s hard to find pics online that shows crown growth by month. 

I lost my pictures immediately post procedure so I posted my one month above.  

I’m still in touch with the clinic on post op expectations, so I will share the name of it soon, but its a well known clinic in Istanbul. 

I found a picture a few days after the procedure, see attached

Hopefully the hair grows in

at 10 months has all the hair come out of the skin, but it just needs to thicken/darken or do some people still get hair coming out post 10 months?

Thank you for your responses and feedback

IMG_7219.jpeg.8c9665c3ead878e621d1bad867bf23bb.jpeg

Its really hard to tell from the pictures you ve posted because you have long hair and somehow you are trying to camouflage the crown with comb over. From the picture post op i would say the density looks ok on the crown but comparing it with after 10 months the growth is not there, 60% i would say. That means you need to wait a little longer to see the final result. The blood supply on the crown is always less in compare with the frontal part and the midscalp. For the most patients it takes 16 months to see the final result on the crown area. In your case you need to wait another 6 months to make final judgment. Switching from topical to oral minoxidil is also a good idea to boost the growth and you should talk with your doctor about this possibility to help with the results. If it stays like this after 16 months then yes a portion of the grafts in the crown area didnt take.

• 1 month later...

Hi. A few updates with pics.  Seems some growth is coming in.  Also i was wrong the previous pics were month 9.   Posted below are months 10 and 10.5.  Seems there are some areas that are yet to grow.  Let me know your thoughts 

IMG_7504.jpeg

IMG_7503.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 12:11 PM, jjalay said:

Its really hard to tell from the pictures you ve posted because you have long hair and somehow you are trying to camouflage the crown with comb over. From the picture post op i would say the density looks ok on the crown but comparing it with after 10 months the growth is not there, 60% i would say. That means you need to wait a little longer to see the final result. The blood supply on the crown is always less in compare with the frontal part and the midscalp. For the most patients it takes 16 months to see the final result on the crown area. In your case you need to wait another 6 months to make final judgment. Switching from topical to oral minoxidil is also a good idea to boost the growth and you should talk with your doctor about this possibility to help with the results. If it stays like this after 16 months then yes a portion of the grafts in the crown area didnt take.

Hi, curious to get your feedback on my latest picks above. 

IMG_7668.jpg

• Administrators

It looks like an improvement, but you may need more grafts in this area.

7EB7069C-FF12-402D-9A24-63AA212F7C71.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks.  I see some spots of hairs that may grow but who knows.  Its been 11 months so i think this is close to final. I hope the crown sees a bit more thickening.  In bright light its a lot of skin but in some settings it looks okay 

1 hour ago, Turkhair4216 said:

Hi, curious to get your feedback on my latest picks above. 

IMG_7668.jpg

After 4500 grafts with the vast malority of these grafts on the crown it looks like poor growth, aka the grafts didnt take. You can try oral minoxidil to see if this helps to gain some good regrowth on the crown. Where did you had your procedure done?

17 minutes ago, Turkhair4216 said:

I went to dr terziler clinic in turkey.  

Bad clinic brings bad results. Sorry for my honesty but if you ever think about getting another ht do a better research on doctors before making a decision. 4500 grafts is a lot and you didnt get the desired result.