Very Concerned about Dandruff a Month After Transplant

I have a huge concern. A month after my transplant, I'm experiencing some dandruff. I'm nervous about it and dont know what to do. The clinic is closed for the holidays until Jan 8th so I cant rely on my doctor for any immediate advice. I hope I can get your feedback with my questions:

I tried to dislodge the dandruff by rubbing my forehead, just outside the transplanted area in the temple. I didnt directly place my fingers on the transplanted hair, only outside of it. Then I tried to lift some of the dandruff with my fingernail carefully and rubbed the area a bit. Some dandruff did get loosened. This took 30 secs.

The doctor postop instructed to use aloe vera and rosehip oil every day. But I feel these are contributing to the dandruff.

What do you suggest?

• Valued Contributor

After my first surgery with Dr Sethi my scalp was extremely dry and flaky. I didn't wash my hair/scalp for a month after the procedure. Even then it was very intermittently. It soon settled not long after this. I wouldn't be too alarmed. Just speak with your surgeon on the 8th. All the best!

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I wouldn't be too alarmed. Just speak with your surgeon on the 8th. All the best!

Dude thats in 2 weeks. I really cant wait that long. And I'm feeling weird discomfort. Do you know who I can talk to about this?

• Valued Contributor
16 hours ago, wprevil said:

Dude thats in 2 weeks. I really cant wait that long. And I'm feeling weird discomfort. Do you know who I can talk to about this?

It’s dandruff mate, calm down! Of course you can wait. Nothing bad will happen from a bit of dandruff. 

Plus it’s only been a few weeks since your HT. Redness, flakiness & irritation is all totally normal. A HT recovery/result is a long enough process as it is without freaking out about everything and nothing. 

If you’re in the UK then I’d recommend Tony Madley Juniper shampoo. I’ve been using it as my HT caused some dermatitis-like symptoms on the scalp and it’s helped massively. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

You are one month post op. 

Why don't you use Nizoral for your dandruff? 

I want to but I dont know if this is something my doc would suggest given that the clinic is closed for the holidays,.

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Plus it’s only been a few weeks since your HT. Redness, flakiness & irritation is all totally normal. A HT recovery/result is a long enough process as it is without freaking out about everything and nothing.

Yes this is true.

Its a long waiting game, months into the future for growth to be noticed. Time flies. But to the person waiting, time takes forever.

I'm just very sensitive about outcome.

My doc strongly suggested to stay positive which I should be working on admittingly. I will have to work on that big time

Edited by wprevil

• Valued Contributor
42 minutes ago, wprevil said:

Yes this is true.

Its a long waiting game, months into the future for growth to be noticed. Time flies. But to the person waiting, time takes forever.

I'm just very sensitive about outcome.

My doc strongly suggested to stay positive which I should be working on admittingly. I will have to work on that big time

You’re sensitive to everything. You’ve posted multiple threads full of panic, including a couple of threads before you’d even had the surgery. 

If you’ll allow me to be blunt, you need to pull yourself together and get a bit of grip. You’ve just had a HT from one of the world’s top Docs. This is an exciting time for you. Just enjoy the ride - dandruff n’ all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

If you’ll allow me to be blunt, you need to pull yourself together and get a bit of grip. You’ve just had a HT from one of the world’s top Docs. This is an exciting time for you. Just enjoy the ride - dandruff n’ all. 

Thank you for the slap of reality. Bluntness well accepted.

Youre right.. youre absolutely right.

I will be focusing on relaxation and generating positivity.

Thank you for that!

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree with @Berba11. While it's understandable to be nervous and cautious, and it probably helped you to do more research and choose a good surgeon, if you get stressed and panic about everything that would probably not be beneficial in the long run. Also you can end up disappointed with the final result.
From what I remember you went with Cuoto? If that is true then you have very high chance of everything going smoothly, but it's never guaranteed and if you don't accept that you will spend the next months in stress and that could not be good for you.
Good luck. 🙂