dislodging grafts while sleeping - 9 days post op

Hey all - just a quick question. I've just had my second FUE so you'd think I'd be an old pro. I'm 10 days ost-op, but last night (night of the 9th day post op) I went to bed as normal, put my head in the travel pillow like I have for the last 9 nights....woke up in the morning, the travel pillow was at the bottom of my bed (no idea how!) and my pillow has a fair few hairs and dried scabs on it! I'm sure the scabs are old ones from the surgery. No new blood is on my scalp and nor is there any blood stains on the pillow, so it must have just been the friction of turning my head while I slept and some scabs and hairs came out. Do you think I've done any harm? My doc said they should be coming out now anyway through showering, but I got the impression he just told me what I wanted to hear and replied quickly. 

What do you guys think? Do you think, like my doc said, I just got rid of what needed to get rid of (I've read a lot on this forum about the 10th day being the day when you can let out a big sigh of relief for knowing your grafts are secure)? Or do you think it could have been harmful? I've no idea how hard/fast I turn my head in my sleep! 

Any thoughts greatly appreciated! 

Sounds completely normal.

I remember how anxious I was over grafts falling out after surgery. 
Honestly, you're fine.  You're expected to see hairs fall out as you go into the ugly duckling (shedding) phase. :)

-Sean

• Like 1

I’m at a similar stage. From what I’ve learned from the guys on this forum, if there’s no fresh blood everything is all good. Plus, I’m guess some light brushing of your scalp against a soft pillow isn’t going to cause any harm.

It’s the bangs you gotta worry about! 

Edited by secondtryuser

• Moderators

At 9 days post op the scabs and hairs are supposed to be falling off. Since the pillow was at a completely different area when you woke up I'm guessing the recipient area was itchy and you were rubbing and scratching it in your sleep. At 9 days post op you are fine.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Take it from someone who blew a pimple on day 11, you're fine.

Also take it from someone who made the mistake of micro needling up to 1mm one month after surgery.
You'll be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1