Didn’t expect £450 for pre surgery blood tests! Anyone in UK had them done cheaper? NHS says NO.

2 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Can you get them done in Turkey by the clinic if you arrive a day or two earlier? Might be cheaper? 

This is Dr Pinto, in Portugal. Really didn’t expect this expense! Is it unusual to have to do blood tests? 

1 minute ago, Otis james said:

In the UK? 

Yep. Not sure if this is because of any of the blood test content that you would be doing for the blood test that you had to pay but in my case it was 100% free.

I let them know beforehand that I needed to do it and made sure to book it like a month before.

18 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Yep. Not sure if this is because of any of the blood test content that you would be doing for the blood test that you had to pay but in my case it was 100% free.

I let them know beforehand that I needed to do it and made sure to book it like a month before.

It’s odd. I’ve been told again that the NHS won’t do this for me! Gutting really. I’m going to have to cancel, because of the blood tests…. 

Just now, Otis james said:

It’s odd. I’ve been told again that the NHS won’t do this for me! Gutting really. I’m going to have to cancel, because of the blood tests…. 

NHS seems like a hit or miss sometimes. 

Like I couldn't get my oral min prescription from them because they were apparently off label but I've seen people getting them without much fuss

9 minutes ago, Otis james said:

Is this person still on the forum? I’d like to ask him about this…

Mr Rolandas is inactive these days. From the video I think he went to: Laboratório Moderno de Análises Clínicas de Espinho

I'm having the same issue, but I haven't asked my NHS doctor just yet. I've also been asked to get an ECG. Asked the patient coordinator and she said the clinics local to the hair transplant surgery won't be able to provide the results in time for the next day.

Complete Blood Count (Hemograma completo)
Ferritin (Ferritina)
Blood Glucose (Glicemia)
Ionogram (Ionograma)
Coagulation (Coagulación)
Hepatitis B and C (Hepatitis B y C)
AIDS (HIV 1 / HIV 2) (Sida - VIH 1 / VIH 2)

14 minutes ago, Azekiel said:

I'm having the same issue, but I haven't asked my NHS doctor just yet. I've also been asked to get an ECG. Asked the patient coordinator and she said the clinics local to the hair transplant surgery won't be able to provide the results in time for the next day.

Complete Blood Count (Hemograma completo)
Ferritin (Ferritina)
Blood Glucose (Glicemia)
Ionogram (Ionograma)
Coagulation (Coagulación)
Hepatitis B and C (Hepatitis B y C)
AIDS (HIV 1 / HIV 2) (Sida - VIH 1 / VIH 2)

Nightmare, mate. I didn’t factor this into the expense at all. Definitely something to consider if getting work done abroad. You had any prices? £450 is the cheapest I’ve had!! 

3 minutes ago, Otis james said:

Nightmare, mate. I didn’t factor this into the expense at all. Definitely something to consider if getting work done abroad. You had any prices? £450 is the cheapest I’ve had!! 

Haven't found any solid prices for the full package, I'll let you know if I find anything. Do you mind sharing the provider you've found for £450?

If you have a good rapport with your GP and you explain the situation to them, mentioning the (indeed ridiculously high) cost of these blood tests in private clinics, I think they might be able to book you in for at least some of them with an NHS clinic.

If you also need to do any STI tests you can have those done in any NHS Sexual Health clinic.