Smile Hair Clinic offeres Doctor Involvement

SchMo

Hello,

I need some urgent support/ good advices regarding my situation.

After a research (08/2023) of clinics in turkey I finally made an appointment for my first HT in January 2024.

I chose Smile Hair Clinic because of the reviews on google, trust pilot, bookimet, Instagram etc.. Of course I also went to several reviews 1by 1 to check if there are fake reviews or not but to be honest I couldn’t find only a very low number of fakes (I guess) and the rest sounds great. Since September I am following them on Instagram and I what I have seen so far (Doctors, patients, results, etc) every day in their channel made me actually very very confident.

But last week I found this forum here and I was a little bit shocked regarding the statements about Smile Hair Clinic .

So that’s why I would be happy to get more insights. 

Here is the package what I have booked at Smile Hair Clinic:

• Diamond package à 4.300 € including Hotel + Transfer and Dr Erdogan involvement
  • HT procedure:
    • Hairline design: Dr. Mehmed  Erdogan
    • Graft Extraction: Done by “Assistent Team” supervised by Dr. Erdogan
    • Incisions: Done by Dr. Mehmed Erdogan.
    • Manuel Hair Implantation: Done by “Assistent Team” supervised by Dr. Mehmed Erdogan

I have asked the clinic and Dr. Erdogan will have two patients at that day (Me + x)

Looking into the web for my perspective Dr Erdogan seems to be very experienced in this field. (Number Operations +4000, Member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), etc)

My questions now is if this package is also a “Hair Mill” approach with a high chance of failure?

I got also an offer where everything is done by the assistant team and supervision by “ a doctor” (not named). This sounds for me like a “Hair Mill” and of course I would avoid such a package (2200€))

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Many thanks

Edited by SchMo

• SchMo changed the title to Smile Hair Clinic offeres Doctor Involvement

AVOID THEM! Smile is the definition of a hairmill. They will lie to you in every possible way, about the number of the patient they treat the same day with you, the doctor involvement and everything else regard to your surgery. Do yourself a favour and dont play russian roulette with your head. Check out the list of doctors that are recommended in this forum to find a legit doctor:

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Although @jjalay is right in what he states that it is a hair mill, not all hair mills are bad and they even produce great results. I went to a hair mill that is as famous as smile and so far I am happy with my results (2 months in). These clinics do work with high volume and technicians will vary in experience but you are getting the doctor doing some of your work, how involved will he be, not sure. 

with all that being said, you have to make the right choice for yourself, you’ll unlikely get any deposit back but that might be worth it for the reassurance of going to a place where there is more doctor involvement. 

good luck buddy and whatever choice you make I hope you get great results!! 

• Thanks 1

Smile is probably on the better side of hair mills from the results I have seen. I have also seen a terrible recent case of them on Reddit (a guy's donor looking like a matchbox).

However, the main issue I have with hair mills is not so much the inconsistency of their results (which is of course an issue) but the fact that they tend to use a large number in cases in which this is evidently unnecessary. It is rare to find NW3+ cases being treated with less than 4-4.5k grafts from Smile and from most hair mills.

Even if you are a high Norwood usually the best way to maximize coverage and minimize trauma to the donor area seems to be a two-surgeries approach; most reputable doctors like Couto, Ferreira, Pinto, Pekiner, De Freitas do this. Remember that your donor capacity is finite and hair loss is an ongoing condition. 

Lastly, if you are a moderate to high Norwood (so you would need at least 3k+ grafts) and you are thinking of getting the 4.300 eur package, you could very well go for Gur (even cheaper) or Turan who both seem to use grafts efficiently. If you are a low NW and need up to 1.5k grafts it might even make sense to go with one of the top doctors like the ones I 've mentioned before since a lower number of grafts would bring you in the 4.500 euros range, that is, on a par with Smile's package.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jjalay said:

AVOID THEM! Smile is the definition of a hairmill. They will lie to you in every possible way, about the number of the patient they treat the same day with you, the doctor involvement and everything else regard to your surgery. Do yourself a favour and dont play russian roulette with your head. Check out the list of doctors that are recommended in this forum to find a legit doctor:

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

^This

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:27 AM, Stoner said:

Smile is probably on the better side of hair mills from the results I have seen. I have also seen a terrible recent case of them on Reddit (a guy's donor looking like a matchbox).

However, the main issue I have with hair mills is not so much the inconsistency of their results (which is of course an issue) but the fact that they tend to use a large number in cases in which this is evidently unnecessary. It is rare to find NW3+ cases being treated with less than 4-4.5k grafts from Smile and from most hair mills.

Even if you are a high Norwood usually the best way to maximize coverage and minimize trauma to the donor area seems to be a two-surgeries approach; most reputable doctors like Couto, Ferreira, Pinto, Pekiner, De Freitas do this. Remember that your donor capacity is finite and hair loss is an ongoing condition. 

Lastly, if you are a moderate to high Norwood (so you would need at least 3k+ grafts) and you are thinking of getting the 4.300 eur package, you could very well go for Gur (even cheaper) or Turan who both seem to use grafts efficiently. If you are a low NW and need up to 1.5k grafts it might even make sense to go with one of the top doctors like the ones I 've mentioned before since a lower number of grafts would bring you in the 4.500 euros range, that is, on a par with Smile's package.

How would you compare Dr. Gur to the senior doctors at Eugenix (Dr. Das and Dr. Somesh)? 

Appreciate your apparent knowledge on many doctors. 

For high Norwoods, what grade/tier would you give the following, just based on quality and not price:

1. Dr. Das/Dr. Somesh at Eugenix (not Sethi or Bansal)
  2. Dr. Gur
  3. Dr. Turan
  4. Smile Hair Clinic (Dr. Erdogan)

Out of A, B, C, D, or F. Thanks

On 12/7/2023 at 6:54 AM, SchMo said:

Hello,

I need some urgent support/ good advices regarding my situation.

After a research (08/2023) of clinics in turkey I finally made an appointment for my first HT in January 2024.

I chose Smile Hair Clinic because of the reviews on google, trust pilot, bookimet, Instagram etc.. Of course I also went to several reviews 1by 1 to check if there are fake reviews or not but to be honest I couldn’t find only a very low number of fakes (I guess) and the rest sounds great. Since September I am following them on Instagram and I what I have seen so far (Doctors, patients, results, etc) every day in their channel made me actually very very confident.

But last week I found this forum here and I was a little bit shocked regarding the statements about Smile Hair Clinic .

So that’s why I would be happy to get more insights. 

Here is the package what I have booked at Smile Hair Clinic:

• Diamond package à 4.300 € including Hotel + Transfer and Dr Erdogan involvement
  • HT procedure:
    • Hairline design: Dr. Mehmed  Erdogan
    • Graft Extraction: Done by “Assistent Team” supervised by Dr. Erdogan
    • Incisions: Done by Dr. Mehmed Erdogan.
    • Manuel Hair Implantation: Done by “Assistent Team” supervised by Dr. Mehmed Erdogan

I have asked the clinic and Dr. Erdogan will have two patients at that day (Me + x)

Looking into the web for my perspective Dr Erdogan seems to be very experienced in this field. (Number Operations +4000, Member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), etc)

My questions now is if this package is also a “Hair Mill” approach with a high chance of failure?

I got also an offer where everything is done by the assistant team and supervision by “ a doctor” (not named). This sounds for me like a “Hair Mill” and of course I would avoid such a package (2200€))

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Many thanks

i am in the same boat as you i am thinking about signing up smile with platinum package. with all the following comments, i am hesitated

• Thanks 1