Anyone using Xyon Topical Finasteride?

FinallyHT

I have been on it for about 15 months. I only apply it to the crown area. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share, however it seems that the topical has at least stabilized the situation. Perhaps a little bit of regrowth as well. As I recall, I started the medication not long before topical dut became available in Canada. I may consider switching at some point. 

Edited by hockeyman

21 hours ago, hockeyman said:

I have been on it for about 15 months. I only apply it to the crown area. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share, however it seems that the topical has at least stabilized the situation. Perhaps a little bit of regrowth as well. As I recall, I started the medication not long before topical dut became available in Canada. I may consider switching at some point. 

did u try oral fin previously, and if so did you have sides on oral fin

11 hours ago, 12345 said:

did u try oral fin previously, and if so did you have sides on oral fin

I never did try the oral version which I really regret. I may try it at some point. The short coming of the topical is that the prescribed dosage (1 pump) does not cover the entire top of the scalp. The problem is compounded if you have a lot of hair. Of course, with the oral medication, the entire scalp is benefitting. 

Something I have thought about is that although the topical does not reduce systemic dht levels as much as the oral version, there is still some reduction. Perhaps this reduction is enough to provide at least some protection to the scalp areas not receiving the xyon application.

20 hours ago, Cooper48 said:

I just ordered some.  I get sides from oral so am hoping this works. I’ll post my experience once I have some time on it. 

please do. is the xyon promising the same slow release technology?