Dr Resul Yaman 6400 grafts Full Coverage (29th Nov 2023)

danny007

Hi, I want to document my progress of my most recent hair transplant with Dr Yaman.

Quick Back Story:

I'm 28, Male and I've got bad hair loss. I've been trying to hide my miniturisation (using hair fibres) since I was 21 (that's when a little hair loss started). Due to what stage I am at now it's getting more difficult. Anyway, I  looked around for many clinics and my criteria was clinics who are known to deal with high norwood cases and who also are within my means. 

I eventually narrowed it down to Dr Yaman. I whatsapped the number with my pics on the website. I received a message from Doga. He intially said that Dr Yaman says 6000 grafts for full coverage BUT... Dr Yaman says 4000 grafts first and then come back after a year to do the rest. I suggested if it was possible to do full coverage 6000 grafts over 2 days instead. Doga asked Dr. Yaman and He said it is possible.

During my time in the clinic both doctor Yaman and Doga checked up on me through out my 2 days surgery. Doga is an amazing person and really gave me alot of time to ensure I had a good experience. 

In terms of Dr Yaman involvement in the surgery. He does the crucial stages such as hair line planning, Graft extractions and opening channels (new holes). The techs do the rest of the long work.

I got 6,400 grafts in total.

I arrived in Turkey (28th Nov 2023)

1st surgery (29th Nov): 3000 grafts 

2nd surgery (30th Nov) 3400 grafts (800 from my beard).

Please see my pics before surgery. 

IMG-20231201-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20231201-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20231201-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20231201-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20231201-WA0009.jpg

Edited by danny007
  • Like 2

• danny007 changed the title to Dr Resul Yaman 6400 grafts Full Coverage (29th Nov 2023)

Happy growing. Looks like a really good and clean work. I think you did the right choice by selecting Dr Yaman for your hair trasnplant as he is a great surgeon. So it was a 2 day session ? Did they use manual punch to extract the grafts? 
Also can you tell the cost of your hair trasnplant ?

1 hour ago, Divinehair said:

Happy growing. Looks like a really good and clean work. I think you did the right choice by selecting Dr Yaman for your hair trasnplant as he is a great surgeon. So it was a 2 day session ? Did they use manual punch to extract the grafts? 
Also can you tell the cost of your hair trasnplant ?

Yes, I think the work looks amazing especially the coverage. Yes, it was a 2 day session. 3K first and 3.4K next day. 800 came from the beard. 

In terms of extractions. I'm not sure. The surgeries were that long I honestly don't remember but I think it may not have been manual. Or maybe it was manual in some parts. I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, danny007 said:

Yes, I think the work looks amazing especially the coverage. Yes, it was a 2 day session. 3K first and 3.4K next day. 800 came from the beard. 

In terms of extractions. I'm not sure. The surgeries were that long I honestly don't remember but I think it may not have been manual. Or maybe it was manual in some parts. I'm not sure.

Did the clinic tell you ahead of time that they would be extracting from the beard or was that a decision made when you got there? 

On 12/1/2023 at 9:54 PM, danny007 said:

Graft Break Down

20231201_225307.jpg

Happy growing. You selected a great surgeon who I’m also considering for my hair transplant. Looking forward for your final result ! Wish you good luck🙏

On 12/1/2023 at 11:21 PM, danny007 said:

Hi, I will post the donor soon. I've got the band on due to swelling.

Looking forward to seeing more pics especially of the donor. Thanks for sharing.

Did Dr Yaman say anything about needing future procedures to get full coverage? I'm curious as to get full coverage with just over 6000 grafts would be impressive. 

Or did he say the crown will remain a bit thin or something?

Hi @danny007 - do you have any more updates to share please? Im curious how so many grafts were extracted from your donor area as it doesn't look that dense.

Maybe Dr Yaman has a similar technique to Pitella, Eugenix etc where they are able to extract more grafts than most clinics.

Hi,

The first day the right side of my head was extracted for 3k grafts. Then the next day the left side was extracted for like 2.6K + 800 from beard. 

Total = 6400.

I have also posted the graft break down e.g singles and doubles on a previous post.

Dr. Yaman said my Donor area was decent. 

You can see from my pics that my whole head is covered. 

I will post updated pics on the 10th/11th day mark when I remove scabs... stay tuned.

Edited by danny007
  • Like 1

Alot of grafts in 1 go, how was your sleep.

Did they give you any hat to wear to cover up, asking as i plan to stay in city for few days after surgeon and did you wear anything on the plane back?

Understand 1st 3 days after surgery the grafts are the most vulnerable so don't want to take any chances doing too much movements

Edited by Jayhair

3 hours ago, Jayhair said:

Alot of grafts in 1 go, how was your sleep.

Did they give you any hat to wear to cover up, asking as i plan to stay in city for few days after surgeon and did you wear anything on the plane back?

Understand 1st 3 days after surgery the grafts are the most vulnerable so don't want to take any chances doing too much movements

most surgeons advise not to wear any kind of hat for at least 4-5 days because they can easily disrupt the grafts. 

On 12/1/2023 at 9:54 PM, danny007 said:

Graft Break Down

20231201_225307.jpg

Happy growing. Great surgeon choice ! You will see a big difference with that hair transplant but keep in mind that your area is huge and you need as much grafts as possible , so you will need another one procedure for better coverage.

On 12/1/2023 at 10:51 PM, danny007 said:

Post opp pics.

29th Nov- Half coverage.

30th Nov - Full coverage.

20231130_063127.jpg

20231201_120612.jpg

Hi Danny, I want to congratulate you for such a big step in the hair restoration journey. I been through 4000 graft myself on early Dec so we are only few days apart but I did mine in Thailand. I will follow your thread and I wish us best of luck in this journey!.

I just posted my day-7 photos in my thread btw....

:)

Hello people, 

Thanks for being patient.

Here is my update Day 12.

These pictures have been taken in the most harshest light. 

I have managed to remove 95% of scabs and honest to good it was super difficult. They wouldn't come out. I rubbed them really hard on some occasion to get them out. The Yaman implanter did a good job placing the grafts deep haha.

It's crazy to not wear fibers or caps no more. My bald scalp isn't visible anymore.... crazy!

Your honest feedback would be appreciated.

20231212_200052.jpg

20231212_200045.jpg

20231212_200030.jpg

20231212_200105.jpg

20231212_200056.jpg

20231212_200523.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, danny007 said:

Direct Window Light.

As you can see my full scalp is covered.

20231213_134356.jpg

Even with short look it looks great with natural angles. I believe you are going to get a great result ! 🤞

Edited by BaldGuy