Paying the HT

I have a question regarding getting money over. Particularly to Dr. Rahal's office.

I plan to pay the deposit through paypal.

I'm not so sure I feel comfortable paying the whole procedure through paypal, as I have heard stories about paypal accounts being frozen.

Has anyone used paypal as a primary way of paying the HT?

Also, I'm a little confused on how the wiring works. Can anyone shed some details on that for me?

Thanks Guys!

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

I have a question regarding getting money over. Particularly to Dr. Rahal's office.

I plan to pay the deposit through paypal.

I'm not so sure I feel comfortable paying the whole procedure through paypal, as I have heard stories about paypal accounts being frozen.

Has anyone used paypal as a primary way of paying the HT?

Also, I'm a little confused on how the wiring works. Can anyone shed some details on that for me?

Thanks Guys!

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

I only use paypal for smaller items, never used for something this big.

To wire money, go to your bank and bring in the information that Dr. Rahal's office sent you by email or mail. They will be able to wire the money for you. Usually there is a fee unfortunately, but if you sweet talk the bank attendant they might do it for free...

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I recently paid for my entire procedure with Dr. Rahal in advance via PayPal. No problems at all.

However, I had the money held in my regular bank account. I simply used PayPal to make the payment, which means that PayPal withdrew the cash directly from my bank account and sent it across to Rahal's Paypal account. At no time was any of the money actually sitting in my PayPal account.

Thanks guys!

So in Paypal, you can just send that large amount of money through without it being in your paypal account? then it will take it right out of your bank account? That would be amazing and probably my best bet

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

SpaceBetween: Yes, that's right. At least that's the way it has always worked for me in the past.

Your safest bet might be to deplete your PayPal account of funds and make a small test-purchase from an eBay seller who accepts PayPal (something worth only $5 or so) -- just to confirm that PayPal does indeed function as expected with your linked bank account.

Once you've confirmed that it works correctly when transferring a small amount, it should be safe to send a much larger amount.

One thing to keep in mind is that, depending on your bank, PayPal sometimes takes a while to withdraw/transfer/redeposit the money, resulting in the sending of an e-check, which can take between 1 and 11 days to clear in the receiver's PayPal account. If this is the case for you, you'll need to be mindful about it, and consider sending the payment slightly earlier to ensure adequate processing time for the e-check to clear.

Spex: Paypal only take a percentage from the receiver, not the sender.

I paid Dr. Rahal with a credit card; this is a great option, particularly if the credit card company offers you some sort of kickback or reward (and doesn't charge any fees).

Because of the card I have, I get a 1% kickback. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

I have been using my credit card to make payments on my account as the procedure approachs. As TheEmperor mentioned you can pay off your credit card immediately after making the payment by transfering money from your savings/chequing account to your credit card. Its simple and you still get some buyer protection with a credit card.

I find this the easiest and can be done over the phone with one of the receptionists. Each time I have done this they send me a reciept and account balance to keep me updated as to how my payments are coming along.

SDM