WORST DONOR EVER!

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Face Palm 1
  • Angry 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, baddecisions said:

I hope dr Bisanga can do his magic on his donor.

There is however a case (also posted and treated by Bisanga) in which donor is even worse, not due to the lack of hair but the skin condition: 

Super sad.......

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/22/2023 at 5:08 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

This guy looks very much like myself. Very thin hair throughout the top, but needs to add hair to the donor area as well. It's a really bad spot to be in. What do you do? You need to use body hair to fix the donor area, but then you don't have any hair left to fix the entire NW 6 area that is very thin all over. You end up doing several procedures to fix the donor and while that looks better, you still look the same to most people because you still don't have any more hair on top. Sigh. It's depressing. Then you get people asking why you are spending all that time and money for nothing because they don't see any improvement on top.  😒

• Sad 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 hours ago, hairman4321 said:

14,000 grafts taken and 5 surgeries...

isn't that too much, i thought only 4k grafts or so FUE before you gotta use body hair? 

At this point doesn't this guy just have to re-evaluate and shave it or wear a wig? 

A hair piece would not typically cover the donor area, so I guess that's why the focus on it.

Most people have 6-8k grafts before overharvesting, but it depends on the individual. There are exceptions where some surgeons can take more and retain a homogenous donor - up to 14k grafts. In those cases the hair to follicle ratio is typically low so I do wonder whether they use small punches to precisely extract grafts where other surgeons sometimes take more than one follicle using larger punches, and that makes up the difference.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink